I do not belong to you.

Blue's Pov;

The man turned around slowly, visibly shaking by the turn of events. "You are the queen?" He asked, unable to come to terms with my truth.

I released my hair from the tight bun, Rose styled it into, then I wiped off the little dirt she had rubbed on my cheeks.

"Oh my goodness, it is her."

"That's the queen."

"That is the woman that married the king."

"Yes, she's the one."

"But why is she here?" Whispers aroused from around us, as a small crowd gathered not too far away.

"Forgive me my queen, I had no idea you were the one standing before me." The bulky man said, going down on his knees.

"I should forgive you? Why should I forgive you, when a moment ago you acted so inhumanely to this poor little child." I voiced in disbelief, pointing at the child behind me.

"I didn't mean to act that way towards him. But I told the child countless times to leave, and he wouldn't listen." The bulky man defended himself, his eyes and knees still lowered to the ground.

"Child, why won't you go when he said you should leave?" I asked the little boy, staring at him intently.

"I can't leave." The child answered in a low voice.

I crouched down in front of him, "why can't you leave? The big man will not stop hitting you, so why won't you go?"

"My mum... my... mum is sick. She needs... she needs to take her medicine, but without food... she can't." He stuttered, tears running down his cheeks.

"So you are begging the big man for some food, then?" I asked even further, wiping his tear with my finger.

The boy nodded, "all... all I want... is a cup... a cup of flour."

"Hmm." I nodded my head, my heart reaching out to the child.

I stood back on my feet, my gaze returning to the bulky man. "All the child wants is a cup of flour, how can you not show him the smallest of mercy??"

"Mercy? Did you say mercy, your highness??" The bulky man spoke, standing on his feet.

"Yes, mercy! It isn't that hard to show mercy to your fellow man, it is not a hard thing!" I yelled, not being able to understand why a man as big as him would kick a child so mercilessly.

"If I showed the boy some mercy, who would then show me mercy?"

"What?" I voiced, unable to comprehend where the bulky man's words were heading.

"Who will show me mercy, your highness? Who will show my family mercy? Who would show my kids mercy?? WHO!!" He screamed, and I moved backwards in shock.

I still don't understand.

"If I give him that cup of flour he really needs, another beggar just like him would come to me. Why? Because I am a nice man, and because I am such a nice man... more would come to me daily. I can barely fend for myself or my family. The king—" He paused, taking a breather. "THE KING TAKES NINETY PERCENT OF WHATEVER I MAKE IN A DAY. HE TAKES EVERYTHING!!!" The man growled, taking me by surprise.

Steadying myself, I asked... "You pay ninety percent task to the king?"

In a much calmer tone the man replied, "Yes, your highness."

"And you pay this tax, every day??"

"Yes, your highness."

"Is this true, Rosemary?" I asked, turning around. Rose rushed over to my side, then whispered in my ear. "I'm afraid he is. Your highness."