Chapter V- Trying to Take It Slow

My whole body was shaking, I couldn't move, petrified by what was occuring at the moment. This couldn't be happening... someone wake me up! No, scratch that. Don't wake me up! I held James in my arms for a while, not letting him go at all and wanted to get lost in the moment. After what seemed like an eternity, we parted and looked at each other, neither of us knowing what to say. I smiled at him and laid my head on his shoulder, no words in my head to describe what I was feeling inside. I felt my insides twist as I shook a bit, having it been my first kiss. Finally I looked up at him, his arms still around me.

"Wow...am I dreaming?"

"I don't know love. It feels real to me." He chuckled.

"Well if it is, I don't want to wake up. But if its not, I have only dreamed about this moment."

I buried my face into his neck but felt a bit of caution. I'm falling in love too fast. I can't let him woo me this quick. What if mom's right? What if I end up getting hurt like she did? He couldn't hurt me, he's too sweet. Or so I think. I took a deep breath, ignoring my conscience and lived with whatever reality shoved into my face. I loved James. I loved him with all my heart and I didn't want to leave his presence.

"James? How are we going to make this work? We live in two separate worlds. You're a brilliant actor and I'm just a girl from (your hometown). We're nothing alike. Plus I don't think my mom is going to lke the idea of me in a relationship with you. And you're how old? 27? That's like 8 or 9 years older than me. I just don't know if you and me are fit to be together. I mean don't take it wrong. You're fantastic. But I don't want to end up getting hurt."

He looked into my eyes, his hands cupping my face.

"Y/N. The last thing I would ever do is hurt you. I'm not like those other guys who hurt their girls for no damn reason. You can trust me. Believe me please. I really like you...more than like you actually."

I stayed quiet for a bit. How could I resist his words? If that wasn't a love proclamation, I don't know what else it was. I could work up to trusting him, after a while maybe. This could be fun, I've never had a boyfriend before and James was a total babe too. I smiled at the thought and looked at him as he looked back at me.

"Well, I just think that I should work up to trusting you before we get really serious. I just met you so I wanna take things slow by talking a lot and getting to know each other and all that hearts and flowers shit. I'm in love with you..."

He smiled and held my hands tight. "Alright love. I think I can work things out. And I was wondering if you would maybe want to be my girlfriend?"

I smirked happily and held his hands tighter. "Yes. Yes I would James."

He suddenly kissed me again, his arms around me as he pulled me closer to him as I kissed him back. We parted and rested my head against his chest, wanting to stay in that position forever.

~~~~~~~~~James~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally had her to myself, she was mine to protect. Watching her lay against me was such a beautiful scene and her beauty was like no other. Damn, I was still trying to figure her out and why she froze when I asked her to tell me about her past. She looked pale and scared, but why? I needed to ask her. I looked her, hesitating but said something at last.

"Why did you stop telling me about your past? You froze remember and I really want to know why..."

She stared at me, her eyes filled with fear and shaked her head.

"I don't want to tell you...its nothing but bad memories and lies! You really don't want to know James. Its horrible and its not really a topic you talk about in a civil conversation."

"Well this isn't necessarily a "civil conversation." You can tell me honey. I promise I'll listen and I won't say anything. I'm just trying to understand you."

She didn't say much after that, her cheery, happy look gone as a grim and frightful expression stayed on her face as she held back her tears. Oh no, what have I done?...

"Y/N. Look at me. Forget what I said. If its going to make you like this, then I'd rather you not say anything. I don't want to see you upset love. It hurts seeing you like that."

She nodded and didn't speak for a while as the day passed us by quickly. I had to be at an interview an hour ago but I didn't want to leave her. I knew her family was there at the beach but she needed me more. She started to fall asleep, a few tears escaping her eyes but I wiped them from her face and kissed her softly. Again the thought of wondering why she was crying came into my head. What was bothering her? What could have happened when she was little? Different thoughts came into my head but I shook them off before they got worse. My poor Y/N. I heard someone calling her name nearby, I shook her gently since she already fell asleep.

"Y/N. I think someone's looking for you. Wake up."

"Hmm?...who?"

I shrugged, not knowing who but the person had a tiny male voice. I could tell she heard it too and she gasped.

"Shit its Danny! My little brother! He'll snitch on me!"

We stood up quickly, seeing her panic. I didn't want her to leave. I wanted her to stay. I bit my lip.

"Do you really have to go love?"

She nodded. "Yes James, if I stay he'll see us and run to my mom and tell her. He's such a mommy's boy."

I sighed, wishing she didn't have to go. But I couldn't risk her getting into trouble. I held her in my arms before she left and kissed her one more time, I was completely smitten by her. I needed to see her at every chance I got.

"I have to go...meet me here tomorrow at 3. I need to see you again."

"I'd be here even when the sun comes up. I can't wait to see you tomorrow. I'm going to miss holding you."

"Tomorrow my love."

I kissed her again and she ran off to join Danny, such a small child and very cheerful as well. I headed back to my hotel and saw Y/N in the distance, having a smile on her face as she held Danny in her arms. Such a lovely family she has. But what could be the secret she's holding? The thought was brief and I pushed it aside and went to my hotel room, Y/N's face stuck in my head for the rest of the evening.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did y'all think? Comments and ideas are appreciated! & thanks for reading so far :)