#13 Consultation

"Hurry up nuh Malie!" I said as I walk to his car.

"Mah fawud," he replies.

We are going to visit my mom today to tell her about my pregnancy. Mi just wah get this over with. I'm nervous, scared, upset and anxious. Mi have panic attack this morning and mi neva know seh one panic attack could a behave suh. Malie comes to the car and opens it then we enter.

"What was taking you so long?" I asked.

"Couldn't find mi wallet," he replies.

He started to drive and I sighed knowing that this journey is gonna be long as ever. We stopped at the KFC in town and went to the drive thru. We bought food for us and my mom also then continued our journey. After a really long time, we got to my mom's community. I saw aunty Lavern's car driving away as we are arriving. She's my mother's twin. Mi kinda happy seh she gone because a mi parents alone mi wah tell fi now. Mi cousin Jake goodly inna the car too and mi nuh want him know needa.

Malie parks the car and comes out then opens my door and I come out. He takes up the KFC before closing his door. We went to the front door and I knock.

"Mummy!" I called.

She comes to the door and opens it. She hugs me once she saw me.

"Mi baby," she hugs me then kisses my cheeks repeatedly.

"Yuh finally alright. Yuh just miss aunty Lavern and Jake inno," she said.

"Morning mumz," Malie says.

"Morning dear," she hugs him.

"Uno come inside," she said.

We went in and sat in the livingroom.

"Mi buy KFC fi yuh," Malie said.

"Thank you. Mi neva did ago cook today inno," she smiled then take the KFC and goes to the kitchen where she puts it in the microwave.

She comes back to the livingroom and sat down.

"Suh how things?" she asked.

"Good," Malie replies nodding.

"Yuh change up everything mummy?" I asked looking around.

"Yeah mi did affi do some cleaning suh mi move round the furniture dem all mi bed nuh deh a the same place again," she explained.

"Mi aguh up a mi room and come back," I said feeling the urge to cry.

I went upstairs quickly and into my room sitting on the bed covering my face. I started to breathe heavily. Mi just wah tell dem bout the pregnancy and done.

"Calm down Skyler," I whispered to myself trying to catch my breath.

After a few minutes, Malie comes into my room seeing me crying.

"B cheer up," he said then hugged me. He kissed my forehead then started to wipe my tears.

"Come," he said then I got up.

He takes me to my bathroom and washed my face before drying it with one of my towels.

"Look at me," he said. I looked.

"Smile. Everything aguh be alright baby," he kissed me on the lips before we went back downstairs to my mom.

We sat down.

"A wa happen?" mom asked.

"Nothing," I sniffle.

"Mummy mi have something fi tell yuh and daddy," I said.