𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒖𝒆

~2400+ words

"Don't blame me,
Love made me crazy.

If it doesn't,
You ain't doin' right"

The first light of dawn filtered through the thin curtains, casting a soft glow across the room

The first light of dawn filtered through the thin curtains, casting a soft glow across the room. Aarav stretched and rubbed the sleep from his eyes, his thoughts already drifting to the day ahead. Today was not just another mundane day at the office; today marked a significant change. Sifra Mehra would be stepping in as his new personal assistant, a fact that Ryka was still unaware of. The thought sent a mix of anticipation and anxiety coursing through him.

Aarav slid out of bed, his feet touching the cool floor as he made his way to the bathroom. The warm shower did little to calm his nerves. He couldn't shake off the feeling that today would set off a chain of events he couldn't fully predict. Wrapped in a towel, he stared at his reflection in the mirror, wondering how he would manage the impending complexities.

Once dressed in his crisp suit, Aarav headed downstairs to the dining area. The familiar aroma of breakfast filled the air, a comforting routine amidst his chaotic thoughts. He greeted his family with a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes, a smile that Ajay, immediately saw through.

"Good morning!" Aarav said, his voice a tad too cheerful.

"Morning!" came the chorus of replies.

Ajay, however, kept his gaze fixed on Aarav, noticing the tension etched on his brother's face. The two brothers shared a silent understanding, one that transcended words.

Breakfast proceeded as usual, with light chatter filling the room. But as Aarav prepared to leave, Ajay followed him to the door, his expression serious.

"Bhai, wait a second," Ajay called out, his tone laced with concern. "Is there anything that's been stressing you out, bhai?"

Aarav hesitated, then sighed. "You know I've been needing a new PA, right? The one who got the position is... Sifra Mehra."

Ajay's jaw clenched at the mention of her name. "Sifra? Bhai, you know what she's capable of. This time, I won't let her do anything to harm you, our family, or Ryka."

Aarav placed a reassuring hand on Ajay's shoulder. "I know, Ajay. But I have to handle this professionally. I'll be careful. Trust me."

Ajay nodded, though his expression remained tight. "Just... be careful, bhai. We can't afford any mistakes."

With a final nod, Aarav stepped out of the house, the morning sun greeting him, adjusting his tie before slipping into his sleek Porsche. The engine roared to life, and he navigated through the morning traffic with practiced ease, his mind already on the day ahead. As he pulled into the company parking lot, he took a moment to admire the imposing building that housed his enterprise, a testament to his hard work and ambition.