●•.★°3rd Starry Night

┌─────•₊★₊•─────┐

"I love you"

└─────•⁺★⁺•─────┘

Cyno wasn't an impulsive person.

He was a general. Cunning, tactical and strategic was what he was. Making decisions on the fly was not exactly his thing.

Lest of course, he wanted to end up like Kaveh. Notorious for making bad impulsive decisions.

But just like everything in this life, there was always an exception.

And she had always been his exception.

Cyno couldn't give a logical explanation as to why he agreed to go stargazing with her so late at night.

There was no explanation as to why he had kissed her.

And he definitely had no answer for why he had told her to meet him again under the stars before he even figured out what he was going to do once she showed up.

He didn't regret any of it, not at all, but a plan without any actual steps isn't really a plan at all...

In his defense, Nilou's crystal blue eyes always made him do or think stupid things. Her beautifully delicate face could persuade him to do absolutely anything, the way her body flows and moves as she danced was enough to put him in a trance he'd never want to get out of.

She was breathtaking, graceful and extremely talented. She always beamed, shining bright like the sun. Yet, in her sombre moments, the moon cast an ethereal silver tint over her, making her impossibly beautiful in Cyno's brooding eyes.

She was perfect, even with all her imperfections or occasional daftness.

He had come to the conclusion that he was in love ages ago. After all, it wasn't normal for him to take an inhumane interest in anyone like this. Every moment of peace he got was spent thinking of her, her soft hands, her pretty smile, her delicately cascading red hair and her cute obliviousness─everything about her plagued his thoughts.

And now, the memories of the kisses they'd shared have been haunting him for the past few days. The feel of her soft lips against his and the cute rosy flush of her cheeks will forever be ingrained in his memory.

"Cyno, are you even listening?" a sassy voice asked, sounding slightly annoyed.

Wait...where was he again?

Cyno jumped slightly, his eyes shooting up only to be met with three extremely bored faces. He sat up straight, the hand that held his face as he daydreamed moved away, evident confusion written all over his face.

He blinked, "Why are you guys here...?" he murmured, looking between the three.

All at once, Kaveh scoffed, Tighnari rolled his eyes and Alhaitham let out an undignified snort.

"You invited us here, idiot!" The blonde exclaimed, his hands flailing dramatically as he yelled.

"Don't be so harsh," Alhaitham started calmly with his usual bored expression, "Nilou must've given him amnesia with her beauty"

Cyno ignored him, trying instead to recall the series of events that even got him here. Here, in a quaint restaurant in the more quiet part of the city, with his friends sat in front of him as though they were interrogating him.