●•.★°4th Starry Night

┌─────•₊★₊•─────┐

"I did this to you...I upset you"

└─────•⁺★⁺•─────┘

The last person Nilou would want to unintentionally hurt was Cyno.

He was her boyfriend, the one that she loved the most, the one she cared for, the one who's feelings mattered the most to her.

But, she failed.

Now here she was, sat on the floor of their shared living room crying her eyes out like one of her loved ones had passed away.

And really, she only had herself to blame.

This was their first big fight since they had started their relationship officially. The first few months were calm, perfect and almost seemed like one big dream, mainly because neither of them wanted to upset the other.

Sure, they had rough patches and some ups and downs─as with any sort of relationship─but they had never actually had a full fledged fight.

Until now...

Nilou had ruined it, ruined their loving rhythm, all because she had a stupid bad day and decided she was going to make it Cyno's problem.

She had gotten home from a long stressful day, her usual sunny mood completely sullied.

Then, somewhere along the lines she had done something utterly reckless, resulting in her almost getting jumped by a bunch of rogue eremites.

Naturally, Cyno reprimanded her for it, his tone more harsh than usual due to the equally stressful day he had.

He'd told her she could've put herself in a detrimental situation. She could've gotten herself seriously hurt. He told her she needed to be less reckless, needed to be more cautious.

And he was right, everything he said was reasonable. She should've just admitted to her faults and ignorance, he wasn't yelling at her anyway and it would've been so easy to just let it blow over─of course, making sure to take caution next time.

But Nilou's stress had boiled down into unwarranted anger and for the first time, they began arguing.

They went back and forth, until Nilou had said the most hurtful series of things in her blind haze of rage.

Once she finally realized the damage she had done, Cyno was just blankly staring at her─clear hurt settled in his scarlet red eyes.

"C-cyno...? I'm so so sorry, I didn't mean any of it!"

He was silent─too silent─and Nilou had begun to feel worried, the weight of her disingenuous words started to settle heavy on her heart. Cautiously, she had stalked forward, attempting to reach out for him.

"I said I'm so─"

"I need some fresh air, don't come looking for me..."

Then he brushed past her and left out the door, not turning back to even spare her a glance, leaving her standing there alone with an awkwardly outstretched hand as she replayed the events of the horrid evening in her head over and over and over again.

It was all her fault...

Nilou felt more scorching tears course down her cheeks as she laid curled up into a ball on the cold floor, everything had happened a few hours ago─it was getting dark out─and Cyno still hadn't returned home.