Chapter 9~ 𝓔𝔂𝓮𝓼 𝓸𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾

"Oh my goodness! By the way, Val and I used to argue over the swing all the time. My mom had enough of it, so she had the security guard build us another one. Unfortunately, we were all clueless because the swing did not look like a swing at all, haha!" Emi shared, and we all chuckled while reminiscing about our childhood memories.

"Hold on a second! I recall getting chased by a neighbor at school when I attempted to steal some mangoes. That's where Christopher came in. I climbed over the fence to grab a few, but the neighbors spotted me," my mom said, grabbing my attention. "I swear, I ran as fast as a cheetah! Christopher saw me and distracted the neighbors while I hid. I still had the mangoes in my hand, too. I'm so grateful he helped me out! He parents would've beaten my ass if they found out!"
Mom added, leaving us all impressed.

*Tsk tsk tsk*

"You were like that in school?!" I said

"Damn right!"

"She was worse than that actually" Christopher added

"Oh shut up" mom said hitting Christopher's hand playfully

To my surprise, I just found out that Christopher went to the same university as Mom, but she never mentioned it before. However, that's a story for another time.

We were already on our third bottle of wine, and Christian wanted to order more food, trying everything on the menu because it was my first time here. I wanted to ask for another bottle of wine, but all the waitresses were occupied, and I didn't want to bother them, even though serving us is their job. Feeling restless, I decided to approach the bartender myself.

With a smile, I announced to them, "It seems we're running low on wine. I'll head to the bar to grab another bottle."

"And I prefer walking to the bar rather than calling the waitress, My legs are cramping, but I'll be back soon." Christopher offered to join me and help choose a new wine, and I nodded in agreement.

However, Christopher had a surprise for me.

"Val, I've needed to use the bathroom since our second bottle of wine. I'll leave you to pick out the next one while I'm gone. You're a lifesaver."

I couldn't help but laugh at his humor - he was impossible not to like. At the bar, I asked the bartender for their recommendation for the best bottle of wine.

Look at fucking this. I came across someone dressed almost exactly like the person who had earlier poured whiskey on me. I hope he's prepared to compensate me for the $2k dress he ruined. I decided it was time to even the score. I approached him, and the scent of expensive cologne, Dior sauvage assaulted my nostrils.

What a dangerous man.

I tapped him on the shoulder, snatched the glass of whiskey he was drinking on the counter, and poured it on his shirt. Before he could say anything, I realized who he was.

It was Elijah Grayson.

Fucking Elijah.

He was about to ask me who I was when he recognized me and let out a smirk that made my heart skip a beat. While we were in the middle of this confrontation, Christopher showed up and called out to me, saving me from further embarrassment.

"Val! I've been searching everywhere for you. I have the wine you picked out and I must say, you have great taste," Christopher exclaimed, but his confusion was evident in his raised brow.

"Elijah? It's been ages since we've seen each other. How have you been?" Christopher asked, bewildered.

"No way! Christopher Norman, it's great to see you after all these years. It's been what, five years? I'm doing well, thanks for asking. How about you and your family?" Elijah replied, equally surprised.

"I'm doing great, actually. I got divorced and now I'm with the love of my life. Today we're celebrating her daughter's birthday, Val. But how's your-" before Christopher could even ask Elijah further more, he cuts him off.

I was left in shock, listening to their conversation with the glass of whiskey still in my hand. It was the same glass I had thrown at the man who gave me an orgasm but also fingered me

"Ah, so you'll be Val's stepfather soon?" Elijah inquired with interest, pretending not to acknowledge Christopher's question.

I was in my own world. Didn't care what the fuck they were talking about.. I needed to leave NOW.

"I'd actually love that," I interjected, flashing Christopher a forced smile as a signal to leave immediately.

"Well, how about joining us for dinner? There's still plenty of time left, and I'm sure Val and the others wouldn't mind. Would you, Val? Especially after you threw a drink on him..." Christopher suggested.

I have a good reason for throwing the drink on him. Christopher doesn't know about that beaver's true nature, he's a complete jerk. I'd rather be dead than sit with him at my birthday dinner. It doesn't matter if his fingers were inside me, it wasn't even that good.

It was.

My feelings for him started to change the night he left me after pushing his fingers inside me.

God I needed him inside me..

Also, I found out that he was the one behind the fake account I mentioned at the beach. I'm not that dumb. I know a lot of people and luckily, my friend Mya played a big fucking part in helping finding out who it was.

I love the obsessive type.

I don't know who this fucking guy was but he needed to stay the fuck away from me.

I wanted him even more. I wanted him to open up, tell me his deepest and darkest desires.

"Val?" Christoper snaps me out of whatever the fuck I was in a minute ago.

"Yea sure I don't mind." I said giving them both a right smile walking back to our table.

I noticed his gaze traveling down to my dress, over my form... damn, goosebumps tingled over my skin as I made my way back to our table. And there he was, taking a seat not beside me, but across from me. I was silently grateful for that distance.

Christian wasn't in the picture at this moment, neither was Elijah. Yet, it left me pondering... whose home would I find myself in by the end of the night? Christian's, Elijah's, or perhaps my own?

𝑯𝒊 𝒅𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒔 <3 𝑰'𝒅 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒊𝒏𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒑 𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚, 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒔𝒍𝒐𝒘-𝒃𝒖𝒓𝒏 𝒆𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒄𝒕

𝑯𝒊 𝒅𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒔 <3 𝑰'𝒅 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒊𝒏𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒑 𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚, 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒔𝒍𝒐𝒘-𝒃𝒖𝒓𝒏 𝒆𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒄𝒕. 𝑨𝒅𝒅𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒆𝒔-𝒕𝒐-𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒅𝒚𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒄 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒆𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒗𝒆 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆.
❤️❤️