𝔖𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

You want to possess and become possessed.

- Andreas Tenzer (*1954)

Pale, slender fingers stroked delicately over the sleeping girl's skin.

Red eyes intently followed the fine lines of his fingers from her cheek, across her chin, to her exposed neck.

They lingered on the carotid artery and felt the throbbing pulse beneath the thin skin.

His body stiffened, and his fingers trembled.

His once-red irises immediately turned black.

"Demetri.".

The dark blond-haired man didn't look up as a tall, massive figure ducked through the two open balcony doors and entered the room.

"Felix.".

The dark-haired man's red eyes fixed curiously on his companion, his gaze sliding over the sleeping girl several times. Despite his intimidating height and muscular build, his footsteps left no sound on the room floor as he approached the two.

"You shouldn't be here," he said after a while, interrupting the silence. His raspy voice was like a whisper.

Demetri swallowed audibly.

"Her blood tempts me...seduces me.".

Felix tilted his head to one side, his nostrils flared.

A dark shadow settled over his red eyes, albeit lighter than those of his companion.

"She smells very nice, but..." the tall man began but was interrupted by a warning growl from Demetri. Felix's muscles tensed automatically, and his eyes focused intently on the dark blond man.

"...you know the laws of our kind. To protect our existence from humans, hunting was forbidden within Volterra. The masters were not pleased with your near loss of control over the girl, nor would they approve of your increased nightly visits to her." he said.