therapy

Virat sat nervously in the therapist's office, his eyes darting around the room as if looking for an escape. The therapist, Dr. Mehta, sat across from him, her demeanor calm and inviting. Rohit, filled with anxiety and hope, waited outside, pacing back and forth, his mind a whirlwind of worry and desperation.

Inside, Dr. Mehta spoke gently, her voice soothing. "Virat, I understand you've been through a lot recently. It's important that you know this is a safe space to talk about what you're feeling."

Virat took a deep breath, his hands trembling slightly. "I don't know where to start," he admitted, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Start wherever you feel comfortable," Dr. Mehta encouraged. "There's no right or wrong place to begin."

Virat's eyes filled with tears as he finally began to speak. He talked about the possession, the overwhelming fear and helplessness he had felt, and the crushing weight of depression that had followed. He admitted to his suicidal thoughts, the darkness that threatened to consume him entirely. Dr. Mehta listened intently, providing a steady presence as Virat poured out his heart.

After what felt like both an eternity and no time at all, the session came to an end. Dr. Mehta gently guided Virat out of the room, where Rohit was waiting, his face etched with worry.

After the therapy session, Dr. Mehta gently brought Rohit into her office, asking Virat to wait outside. Virat nodded silently and moved to the waiting area, sitting down and staring blankly at the wall. Rohit watched him go, his heart aching at the sight of his once vibrant husband now so lifeless and withdrawn.

Dr. Mehta gestured for Rohit to sit down, her expression serious yet compassionate. "Rohit, Virat has shared some very concerning thoughts and feelings. He is deeply depressed and experiencing suicidal ideation. We need to take immediate and careful steps to ensure his safety and well-being."

Rohit felt a lump form in his throat, his hands trembling slightly. "What can I do to help him?"

"First and foremost," Dr. Mehta began, "Virat needs to be kept in a supportive and stress-free environment. It's crucial that he remains as happy and calm as possible. Any significant stress or worry could push him further into his depression."

Rohit nodded, absorbing the gravity of her words. "I understand. I'll do whatever it takes."

"Additionally," Dr. Mehta continued, "Virat needs constant supervision. He is at risk of harming himself, and it's vital that he is never left alone, especially during this vulnerable period. Having someone with him at all times is essential."

The weight of her words settled heavily on Rohit's shoulders, but he remained resolute. "I'll make sure of it. I'll be there for him, always."

Dr. Mehta offered a supportive smile. "You're a strong support for him, Rohit. We'll also work on setting up regular therapy sessions and possibly exploring medication to help manage his symptoms. Remember, this is a process, and it's important to take it one day at a time."

Rohit thanked Dr. Mehta and stood up, his heart pounding with a mix of fear and determination. He left the office and found Virat sitting in the waiting area, staring blankly at the wall. The sight tore at Rohit's heart, a physical ache that echoed the emotional turmoil he felt.

He approached Virat slowly, kneeling down beside him and gently taking his hand. "Virat," he said softly, his voice filled with love and concern. "Let's go home."

Virat turned his head slightly, his eyes meeting Rohit's but still distant. He nodded wordlessly and stood up, allowing Rohit to guide him out of the building. The car ride home was quiet, the silence between them heavy with unspoken fears and hopes.