Chapter 22

Roxanne began to turn around, shaking restlessly because she was having a nightmare.

((The nightmare))

Roxy lay on a soft bed in a dimly lit room. Next to her lay three tiny puppies around which she lovingly wrapped her tail and looked at them gently. Foxy stood right in front of the bed, tail wagging. He looked proudly at the three puppies and a gentle smile crossed his lips.

"Oh Roxy, our puppies are beautiful." said the pirate fox. One puppy looked quite similar to Foxy and the other two puppies looked quite similar to Roxanne.

"Yes, they are, my sweet pirate. What names should we give the three of them? I think Foxy Junior would be a suitable name for the puppy that looks so much like you." Roxanne said in a soft voice and looked into Foxy's eyes. "What think you?"

The red fox nodded. "Foxy Junior. That's a perfect name for the tiny pup." He replied in equally soft voice and gave the beautiful gray wolf a soft kiss on her cheek. "I love you."

The three puppies snuggled into Roxy's fluffy silver tail, whining and wagging their tiny puppy tails.

Suddenly the dim light began to flicker eerily. A growl was heard. "Well, well, well..." Monty stepped out of the darkness, his eyes glowing a malicious purple. "You should never have given birth to puppies, Roxy! These three puppies are scum! FILTH!" said the alligator, baring his teeth.

Foxy flattened his ears. "Monty!" he grumbled, narrowing his eyes. Roxanne whimpered and wrapped her tail tighter protectively around her three pups. "Get out, Monty! Get out!" growled the beautiful wolf with tears in her eyes. "Get out! Get out! Get out!"

"SCUM!" In a flash, the green alligator grabbed one of the puppies. "The puppies need to die!" he growled coldly, throwing the tiny whining puppy against the wall. The puppy's body shattered and black blood flowed down the wall. Roxanne yelped in shock and heartbreak. Foxy growled loudly and lunged at the muscular Monty.

"How dare you just kill my precious puppy?! Wait, you'll regret that!" Foxy growled in anger and rammed his pirate hook into Monty's back. The alligator felt no pain, although a lot of black blood flowed down its back.

Monty easily shook the pirate fox off of him and brutally broke its jaw then threw the fox's motionless body into the dark corner of the room. Roxanne was crying with her ears droop, lots of tears flowing down her cheek like a waterfall. "Stop Monty, stop! Please stop!" Roxy pulled her two puppies closer to her with her tail. "Foxy? Foxy? Foxy!?"

Foxy didn't answer.

Before Roxy could fully understand what was happening, Monty had grabbed the second puppy and was holding it by the neck. The tiny puppy whined anxiously for his mother and then fidgeted in panic with his tiny arms and legs. The alligator tore the puppy's head off. Black blood flowed in streams.

"No! No stop you damn monster!" Roxy shouted in a voice choked with tears and tried slashed at the alligator with her claws but the gator deftly avoided her claws and grabbed the third pup and bit it in half. Black blood sprayed Roxy's face. She cried and cried and cried.

"Dirty scum!" Monty growled through bared teeth. His muzzle was smeared with black puppy blood. Roxy whimpered then everything around her went pitch black.

((Nightmare is over))

Roxanne woke up with a loud scream and pulled some Roxy and Foxy plushies to her. "My...my puppies?! Foxy?" she whimpered, her eyes wide in panic.

The pirate fox gently pulled the beautiful wolf into his arms and stroked her long hair. "Calm down, Roxy, everything's okay, you had a nightmare, everything's okay, I'm here." He whispered, pressing his nose to her cheek. Roxanne clutched the red fox. "Oh Foxy it...it was such a terrible nightmare I never want to dream something so terrible again." she whimpered, sniffling. My poor puppies...