08 | i think i like you

08 ☆ (  "YOU'RE THE STAR I WISHED ON

08 "YOU'RE THE STAR I WISHED ON." )

It was raining again

Was I surprised? It was still spring. The flowers were blooming, but it was still so gloomy–the only thing that illuminated my spirits were the roadlights themselves. I had hope that the rainfall would stop soon, but looking at my phone, the rain wouldn't stop for another hour. I sighed and put my phone in my pocket, placing a hand over my glasses so they wouldn't get all wet.

"I have no choice," I muttered. "Seems like I'm going to be soaked again."

The train station was ten minutes away. That means I'd have to run about– No. It's not worth calculating. I should just go before my mother thinks that I'm purposely skipping my studying time in order to be with Hanae or someone else. But, it's been almost two weeks since I talked to any of them except her, so... I don't know if she'd think of anyone but her. I pulled my bag over my head and took a step out, already getting my shoe soaked in a puddle.

I stepped back, groaning, hating that the sun already set. I'm sure if the sun was out, I wouldn't have to worry about getting hit by a car or hitting a pole (although for the situation I was in, I wouldn't hate it.) So, I looked around one last time before I embarrassed myself, jumping over the puddle.

Just as I believed I would get my outfit soaked, a large, clear umbrella appeared over me like a cloud, shielding me from the rain. I widened my eyes as I stopped in place and looked up, confirming that it was truly another savior to save me from getting sick. But, it was no savior–in fact, it was my enemy.

"I thought you said you weren't going to speak to me until I fessed up."

He stared down, height being his advantage, hand fisting air. "That doesn't mean I don't care about you," His hair was wet. Some of his uniform was soaked. He had to be waiting for me, or he ran here to get me. "I... still want to take you home."

In silence, he should've added. But, he didn't, and I was going to use it against him. Riki's eyes flickered between my eyes and my lips, then cast themselves toward the school–but he was the only thing I could see, no matter how distracted I wished I had become.