34 | the season cycle

34 ☆ ( "WE ALL

34( "WE ALL... NEED TO MOVE ON." )

March 1st

March 1st. The last month, and not to mention, we've made a full rotation of the season cycle. I know I've lacked reporting in fall and winter, but can you blame me? My delusions were shattered.

"Have you ever written a valedictorian speech?" Teacher Fujii asked me as I helped him read papers. I put the current one in a pile for later–because to be honest, some people's handwriting relieves me of learning how to write proper characters. Shaking my head, the Teacher groaned, putting down his pen. "Rie, I get that you're going to be a University student in a month, but can't you remain as a senior-high student for a little longer? I still need you to be our valedictorian!"

"Trust me, Teacher, the inspiration will come to me soon! Maybe even the day before graduation," He rolled his eyes, clearly not amused. "Oh come on! Haven't you seen my writing? I make pretty solid essays!"

"This isn't an essay, this is a speech that represents our school as a whole. You're the class representative, my class president, and the University of Tokyo's rising student! I need you to do something life-changing," Ugh, he's expecting too much from me. All of a sudden, he took the paper out of my hands, startling me. "I don't think I can handle this. I'm going to keep stressing if I don't see at least one word on that page, I–!"

"Teacher relax," I laughed, interrupting him. "I'm sorry, I was messing with you. I have it prewritten already. I finished it a few nights ago."

Teacher Fujii sighed in relief, leaning back in his chair. "Okay, thank God. I thought I might have to force you out of here."

I reached into my bag and pulled out some bubblegum. Popping it into my mouth, I began chewing. "Sorry to worry you. I thought you trusted me enough to know that I was ahead of the game," My sarcasm caused the Teacher to snort, passing me back the papers. "If I wrote it any later than now, I don't think I'd be able to focus."

"Why?" He asked, placing his elbow on his knee. I gave him a look, wondering why he suddenly got so comfy. Ugh, he's such a gossip girl. "What's been on your mind?"