Chapter 13

Regina sat at her desk in the home office, her fingers flying across the keyboard as she typed furiously. The events of the past few days had left her shaken, but she was determined not to let them distract her from her work.

Come on Reggie, you can do it

As she focused on the task at hand, she couldn't help but feel a sense of unease lingering in the air. Daniel's absence weighed heavily on her mind, his presence a comforting presence she had grown accustomed to.

Just as she was about to lose herself in her work, she heard the sound of footsteps approaching. Glancing up, she saw Daniel standing in the doorway, a tentative smile playing on his lips.

"Hey," he said softly, his voice warm and familiar.

Regina's heart skipped a beat at the sight of him, a rush of emotions flooding through her. But she wont let that stop her from remembering how he treated her. She went back to her work and pretended he wasn't there.

Afterall he made it clear she meant nothing to him

Daniel stepped into the room, his eyes scanning the space before settling on Regina. "I heard you've been working from home a lot lately. Everything okay?"

Regina nodded coldly, her gaze still on her laptop. "Why do you care? "

Daniel moved closer, his presence filling the room with a sense of warmth. "I know things have been crazy lately, but I'm here for you, Regina. Whatever you need."

Regina's heart swelled with gratitude at his words, a feeling of warmth spreading through her. But she was also confused.

At first he says he hates me, then this?

What the heck?

"What or who got you feeling like this. Why are you acting up?"

Daniel took a deep breath and mustered enough courage to talk

"I'm very sorry for the way I've treated you and the way I've talked to you ever since. I understand the kind of emotional trauma you're going through and I promise to treat you like a wife from now on. I'm sorry Reggie, I really am. "

At that point, her gaze met his. She searched his face but all she found was sincerity. She couldn't believe her ears right now.

As they faced each other, Regina felt a sudden surge of courage coursing through her veins, pushing her to talk.

"I forgive you Daniel. You don't know how happy I am to hear this from you. "

She felt another surge of courage, making her stand up from her desk and engulf him in a hug

Daniel's eyes widened in surprise at the gesture, but he didn't pull away. Instead, he hugged her back, a silent acknowledgment of the fresh start between them.

In that moment, Regina felt a shift in their relationship-a subtle but undeniable change that filled her with hope for the future.

Also um, i dont know how to officially dedicate a chapter in wattpad 🤦‍♀️

So this chapter is dedicated to Littlebobatea12 💞