Chapter Two

Kharijan, a small yet powerful kingdom, sat majestically by the vast, shimmering seas that spanned the continent. Its strategic location, coupled with a formidable navy, had kept many adversaries at bay. In the heart of the Kharijan kingdom lay the secret of its unparalleled wealth and power: the precious minerals that shimmered beneath its soil. These were not ordinary gems and jewels; they were infused with mana, the mystical life force that enabled the magic that permeated every aspect of the kingdom's culture and strength. These mana-infused minerals, known as "Arcanite Gems," were coveted by all who knew of their existence. Unlike ordinary jewels, Arcanite Gems glowed with an inner light, their colors shifting and dancing as if alive. They were not just beautiful; they were powerful. Mages could draw mana directly from these gems to cast spells of great potency, alchemists used them to craft potions of unparalleled efficacy, and blacksmiths forged them into weapons and armor with extraordinary properties. These treasures, coveted by many, made Kharijan a beacon of both envy and admiration. Among those who eyed Kharijan's riches with relentless greed was the neighboring kingdom; Ghelmon. Driven by an insatiable hunger for wealth, Ghelmon waged continuous wars, each more desperate than the last, in an attempt to seize Kharijan's precious minerals. But Ghelmon's ambitions were thwarted time and again, for a true warrior had risen to defend the land—Ishaan Kallias Tariq, the second prince of Kharijan.

There, sat Prince Ishaan, feeling a deep sense of restlessness as he endured the endless stream of greetings and congratulations that accompanied his return from the battlefield. The grand hall of the royal palace was filled with the clinking of goblets and the murmur of conversations, a symposia held in his honor that felt more burdensome than celebratory (A symposium is a formal gathering or conference where experts and scholars discuss and present on specific topics, often in an academic or professional context). His heart, still aflame with the adrenaline of war, found no solace in the sycophantic flattery and polite small talk of the court. Unable to bear it any longer, Ishaan slipped away from the crowded chamber, his departure barely noticed amidst the revelry. The quiet hallways of the palace offered a stark contrast to the bustling reception. Here, the only sound was the soft echo of his footsteps against the marble floors. Ishaan's ever laid-back demeanor masked his growing frustration as he wandered through the dimly lit corridors, seeking a moment of respite. "Gosh, whatever to do in these useless gatherings?" he complained gallantly to the empty air, his voice tinged with exasperation. "Continuous greetings here and there, oh whatever to do in these situations other than smile back? How boring!" The prince's words hung in the silence, a testament to the inner conflict that simmered beneath his composed exterior. Ishaan was not one for idle pleasantries or the superficial niceties that seemed to dominate court life. His spirit yearned for the tangible challenges of battle, where his skills and courage could be put to the test, rather than the hollow rituals of nobility.

He paused by a tall, ornate mirror, his reflection staring back at him with a blend of weariness and determination. As he gazed into the glass, memories of the battlefield flooded his mind. The faces of his soldiers, the clash of steel, the rush of victory—all vivid against the backdrop of his childhood hardships. He saw the boy he once was, struggling against the odds, and the warrior he had become through sheer resilience and willpower. The dim past of war, with its brutal lessons and fleeting moments of triumph, was etched into every line of his face. The mirror reflected not just his image, but the journey that had brought him here. From a boy scorned and underestimated, Ishaan had carved his path with blood and sweat. The hardships of his youth, the relentless training, the countless battles—each had forged a part of the man who now stood before this glass, a commander and a prince. Deciding not to return to the symposia, Ishaan made his way to his private chambers. The familiar solitude of his room welcomed him, a stark contrast to the crowded halls. He walked to a bench by the window and sat down, the night sky stretching out before him like a vast, comforting blanket. The stars twinkled above, each one a silent witness to his trials and triumphs. He reached for a small silver bell on the table beside him and rang it softly. Moments later, a maid appeared, her demeanor respectful and attentive. "A cup of tea, please," he requested, his voice gentle but firm. The maid nodded and quickly left to fulfill his order.