three - hey jude

[take a sad song and make it better]

sabrina knew she would never let elena die. she was one of the only people who had stood with her through everything. her, bonnie and caroline were on her do not hurt list. if someone hurt them, she would happily destroy their life.

so, when she was told that elijah planned to sacrifice elena, she made a plan. her life would be tied to another. it was just a matter of who. she could tie it to someone who couldn't actually die, and would just come back. like a vampire. but she was sure there were some sort of loopholes that would mean they did die. 

it was going to take a lot of reading. but she would do it. for elena she would do it. 

only problem was they had daggered the one person she could ask for help. he was half dead in the salvatore basement and she would never be able to get down there to undagger him. 

---

following the return of katherine and then isobel and potentially klaus, stefan and damon decided to put elena's name on the lease to stop vampires from being able to walk in and out of the house as they pleased.

despite this, elena was ready to go to school, which stefan and damon only agreed to because sabrina said she would be with her for most of the data. and so would bonnie. together they could take klaus down.

history was their first class of the day and sabrina took her usual seat. she felt something hit her head. elena had thrown a screwed-up version of the decade dance flier at her.

"the fuck elena?" sabrina exclaimed. "yes, i'm going. care would kill me if i didn't."

she smiled, "good."

before sabrina could tell her to not throw stuff at her again, alaric walked in.

"hello class," he greeted before clearing his throat. "what are we learning today?"

sabrina frowned.

"with the decade dance, we've been covering the '60s all week," dana told. 

"right, the '60s," ric spoke, pausing for a second as he eyed elena. "i wish there was something good i could say about the '60s, but actually they kind of sucked. except for the beatles, of course, they made it bearable. uh, what else was there? the cuban missile thing, the uh- we walked on the moon. there was watergate."

sabrina raised her hand, "i may suck at history but even i know watergate was the '70s. plus the beatles sucked."

"the beatles did not suck," some guy exclaimed. "they have songs like hey jude and here comes the sun."

she rolled her eyes, "shut up, you like drake. and hey jude is just the same line like fifty times."

alaric's eyes had fallen on sabrina, who turned back towards him. he faltered as their eyes met before he continues, "right, it kind of mushes together up here, the '60s, '70s. but i have to disagree about the beatles. thank you sabrina."