twenty-two - 365

i published another chapter before this in case anyone missed it, i just didn't want to leave you all on a cliffhanger

[who the fuck are you? i'm a brat when i'm bumpin' that]

while sabrina was bleeding out, rebekah was burning the wickery bridge, the sign nowhere to be seen. unfortunately, damon had found it.

while the fire was raging, elena arrived back at the house, stefan knocking alaric out.

he smelt the blood as soon as he had entered the house. he made elena go first, meredith opening the door for them. he was terrified he'd hurt the girl more. he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he killed sabrina kale.

he froze, seeing a dying sabrina. his eyes changed, veins darkening under his eyes. he couldn't hurt her. he couldn't. it was sabrina. the girl who called him 'bestie' and constantly mixed up her dates in her history homework (but could tell you in great detail about the mesozoic era) and forced him to help her almost every time because 'why do i have to know dates when i can just know the events?'. 

he held himself back, biting into his wrist and feeding the blood to sabrina.

elena stayed with her, waiting for her to wake up. stefan left, deciding it was too risky to be around that much blood.

---

sabrina groaned, eyes flickering open.

"am i dead?" she asked.

elena smiled, hugging her before she remembered just how much she hated that and pulled away, "no. you're not."

sabrina smiled, before her eyes fell on the blood covering her, "oh gross. i might vomit."

elena helped her up, "i'll grab some clothes. you go shower." she paused. "sabrina i'm so sorry. i can't believe i forgot your birthday. you're eighteen and that's huge. and i am so sorry i tried to kill klaus and put you in danger. no more. no more original drama, i'm done. we'll live in peace, okay?"

"thank you."

"i love you, sab and i want you to live." she paused. "i have your present when you're ready."

---

sabrina was clean and she wanted to go home. she wanted her mom but she was still ignoring her, refusing to acknowledge she had another daughter.

so, she settled for the only other person she knew could comfort her. she rung caroline, who was around her house in minutes, doting on her because her best friend had almost died again.

"they're blowing up your phone," she informed, holding up the device that klaus had bought her while the pair ate. "even kol and finn are texting you."

sabrina shook her head, she didn't want to talk to anyone right then. she wanted to be alone with caroline. she text them, saying she was busy and would speak to them soon.