eleven - b.i.l.l.s

[being broke is boring]

sabrina was sat alone in her house, going through the bills addressed to her mom. she was trying to do the maths, but no matter how hard she tried, it wasn't adding up properly. well, it was, but it was leaving her in debt, so she knew she had to take rebekah up on her offer. even with her better wage, and working more hours, she couldn't live without her mom's full-time job.

the credit card rebekah had slipped her when she walked her home was sat on the table, waiting for her to call each company and change the billing information. 

but that would have to wait as there was a knock at the door. rebekah was one of the last people she expected to see but there the blonde was, looking... nervous.

as soon as she swung the door open, rebekah spoke.

"homecoming's just around the corner," she spoke. 

sabrina frowned, "hello to you too."

"i'm told people do big proposals but i thought you'd probably hate that," she continued, trying to get the words out before she thought about it too much. "so, i came here to ask if you'd go to homecoming with me?"

sabrina's frown quickly morphed into a smile, "i would love to."

"really?"

"no, i said that to mess with you. yes, really," she retorted. "and you were right. i would have hated a big proposal. too much attention."

---

mikael had been awoken and sabrina had been dragged into the mess, as usual. she was in the salvatore house, rebekah sat next to her, now ready to kill her brother since elena revealed that he had killed their mother (and lied about it). 

sabrina was sure she didn't want klaus dead, but elena was her friend and she had trouble saying no to people. she was a pushover. she may not have said no to helping them but she would warn klaus somehow. she would help him if she could. her aunt's words echoed in her head as she realised those around her wanted one of her soulmates dead. 

stefan was phoning the hybrid as they sat around, letting the vampire inform klaus that mikael had been daggered, by sabrina. 

she was apparently the most realistic option. with her magic. 

she did not appreciate that mikael was told who she was but there was little she could do about it. she could see he knew about the prophecy and would be more than happy to fulfil it.

the phone was passed to rebekah before klaus asked to speak to sabrina. 

"why the fuck does he want to speak to me?" she exclaimed, knowing he heard her as the phone was shoved in her face.

"hello to you too, love."

she frowned, "hi, klaus."

she didn't know if he was aware that they were soulbound. and she also didn't know how his potential death would affect her.