B3:Chapter 2 : Sorrowful Tale

The next morning, as the sun timidly peeked over the horizon, its golden rays casting a somber glow upon the countryside of Evergreen, the weight of sorrow hung heavy in the air.

Myrtle's parents, their hearts shattered by the devastating news of their daughter's disappearance, summoned every ounce of strength within them as they ventured into the dense forest that bordered their home.

Each step was heavy with dread, their worst fears gnawing at their souls like ravenous beasts.

Their search led them deeper into the heart of the forest, where the shadows danced with malicious intent, concealing the truth they desperately sought.

With every passing moment, the oppressive silence seemed to grow louder, echoing the anguish that gripped their hearts.

Then, amidst the tangled roots and verdant ferns, they found her: Myrtle's lifeless form, her delicate features frozen in an eternal slumber.

Tears streamed down their cheeks as they knelt beside her, their trembling hands reaching out to touch the cold pallor of her skin.

In her pale hand, still warm from the remnants of her fleeting life, was the candle she had clung to in her final moments.

Its flicker had been extinguished, its once-vibrant flame reduced to a mere whisper of light, a haunting symbol of the tragedy that had befallen their family.

Grief-stricken and inconsolable, Myrtle's parents found solace only in each other's embrace, their tears mingling with the dewdrops that adorned the forest floor.

The vibrant spirit that had once filled their home with laughter and joy had been extinguished, leaving behind only memories and the hollow ache of loss that gnawed at their souls like a relentless predator.

As night fell once more, casting its cloak of shadows over the land, a strange phenomenon began to unfold in the depths of the forest.

Travelers passing through Evergreen reported sightings of a solitary candlelight, its soft glow flickering amidst the dense canopy of trees like a lone star in the midnight sky.

Eerily, it seemed to dance and sway, defying the laws of nature as it drifted through the darkness, a beacon of hope in a world shrouded in mystery.

Whispers of a ghostly presence soon began to circulate among the townsfolk, tales of Myrtle's tragic fate taking on a life of their own.

Some claimed to have seen the spectral figure of a young girl wandering the forest at night, her pale form bathed in the ethereal glow of candlelight.

Others spoke of hearing soft laughter echoing through the trees, a bittersweet reminder of the joy that had once filled Myrtle's heart and now lingered as a haunting melody in the stillness of the night.

In time, Myrtle's story became a cautionary legend, passed down through the generations as a reminder of the dangers that lurked in the shadows and the fragility of life itself.

Though she had been taken from this world far too soon, her memory lived on, a flickering flame in the darkness, illuminating the path for those who dared to follow in her footsteps and serving as a poignant reminder that even in the darkest of times, there is always a glimmer of hope to be found.