chapter 3

⚠️ TW SLIGHT GORE

(Mike Pov)
It had been a couple more hours since working at hoppers. I didn't trust that Will would go back into another one of vecnas trances so i asked to stay over.

When we got to Wills house I immediately saw all the old drawings on the wall. He chuckled, "I was going to bring them to lenora, but I wanted some memories back home."

The Byers had been settled in for about a week now. Of course Mike and the others had to almost get on their knees and beg to have their parents let them stay in Hawkins.

The roads were under construction daily as to them crumbling every second. He wanted to end Hawkins. Even the world.

We made our way up to Wills room. I sat down on his bed. "Sit." I said. He looked confused but reluctantly sat down. "We need to talk" Will raised an eyebrow. "About?" I sighed nervous to bring up this topic. "We need to beat vecna."

(Will Pov)
"We need to beat vecna" A shiver went up my spine. Just his name brings a chill to my neck.

I almost laugh. "Mike sometimes I think you're dumb as a brick"

He just sat there shocked. Shoot. This probably wasn't the right time for that.

"So you are trying to plan?" Another shiver went up my spine. That voice. It wasn't Mikes.

It was his. I turn around expecting to see vecna but no one was there.

"Will you okay?" Mike asked. He placed a hand on my shoulder. Blush creeped up my face.z

"Yeah, yeah. So what were you thinking?" An eyebrow went up.

"About?" I take it back. Just as dumb as ever. I'm not the smartest either, but come on.

"Vecna? You said we need to beat him." "Oh yeah." I rolled my eyes. "We need another gate. Once we get access to it we can go in there and kill him." Now it was my turn to raise an eyebrow. "We tried that last time."

He paused for a second considering the options. "This time is different. We use more fire. Not to him. To the upside down." I stoped.

This could work. "Kinda like when they set fire to the tunnels and I could feel it." I winced remembering the moment.

"Precisely" he said. I smiled. We talked about the plan for another hour or so.

I looked at the clock and slightly recoiled. "Mike." I said cutting him off. I pointed to the clock. It read 2:15am.

He went over to his bag. I started to make my bed. "Will?" Mike whispered.

I turn my head. "I forgot my sleeping bag. Can I just share the bed?" I laugh praying that it was too dark to see the blush on my face. "I don't mind."

I patted the spot next to mine. He climbed in and I shut the lights out. "Night Mike." I whispered. "Night Will." He said back. I smiled and shut my eyes and drifted off.

- - - - -

I awoke. I checked the clock. 3:42am.

Thats odd. I woke up around 4:00 and fell back asleep.

"Will" I turn to Mike. He was dead asleep. I look up again. There he was.

"That won't work." The hair on the back of my neck stood up. "Go away." I mumbled.

"It's a dream you can't hurt me." He laughed. "But isn't that how I killed the others? In their sleep."

He was right. Vecna was trying to kill me.

(Mike Pov)
I felt Will tossing and turning. I sit up.

"Will you okay?" I whispered. No reply. "Will." I shook him. Still no answer.

I grabbed his shoulders and turned him to face me. I gasped. His nose was bleeding and his eyes were white.

I sit him up. "Will come on." Im frantic.
After shaking him for another minute I found it wasn't working.
Then I remembered what Lucas told me.

When Max was under a trance we had to play her favorite song. After that she just kept listening to it until she got taken again.

Franticly I hopped out for bed looking for music. His favorite song, what was it?

I saw earbuds sticking out of a box labeled Will. I grabbed it and put in the first piece of music I saw.

"Should I stay or should I go." I mumbled. I shoved the tape into the cassette player and hit on.

I shoved the ear buds in his ears. Nothing happened. I still shook him hoping the music would do something.

(Will Pov)
I jumped up and ran. I passed by the fireplace and grabbed a piece of wood.

I broke the door. Another door. I broke that one and saw the glittering sky. This wasn't right. I ran away.

My legs burned. I look up at the sky again. It was twirling a dark red and black. A red liquid started to pour down on me making the ground slippery.

This resulted in me falling down. I get up. In front of me was Mike sitting on the bed shaking me. "Will come on wake up, please I need you."

I ran. Looking back I see him. He was using his crippled arms to pull some vines my way.

I ran as fast as my legs could take me. I was closer to the end now. Closer to surviving.

I reach my hand out and touch the bright part of the upside down.

I gasp. I was back. Tears filled my eyes. "Will." Mike mumbled pulling  me into a tight hug. I cried.

"It's okay you're safe now." I embraced the hug shaking. He almost got me. I almost died.

"We need to talk Will." Mike said. I burrowed my head into his shoulder and cried some more.

I hating breaking down in front of him. "Will." I look up at him my eyes red and puffy. "Ill always be here for you, I promise."

(A/N) yesss i hit 1000 words. this took a little longer than expected. school is almost over and im jumping up and down. stay safe ml. <33

(1030 words)