chapter 10

(Mike Pov)
"I love you." My heart stopped. Love? Like best friend love?

My brain didn't understand the words that came out of his mouth.

He slapped his hand over his mouth.

"Best friend love of course?" I say. What was happening. "Mhm." He said through his hand. "Y-you should go now." He said and started to push me out of the room. "Leave now?" "What why?" I say. He shakes his head and keeps pushing me. I stand my ground.

"Will come on." He places a shaky hand over my mouth. "My mom's gonna be home soon. Please leave." His voice shook a bit but was calm and soothing.

I shake my head and walk out the door.

Why was he pushing me away?

I hear foot steps behind me. Turning around I see Will stumbling through the hall. "I'll call you later okay?" I nodded and stumbled away.

Best friend love? I never hear Dustin or Lucas say I love you to each other. My mind spins as I get home. I love you.

When was the last time I said, I love you to El? Oh yeah. At the cabin a couple years back.

Did I mean it? Of course I did, Els my girlfriend. Girlfriend. It felt so wrong. I like El.

But not like that.

My heart dropped. Not like that? I flopped down on my bed and tried to process this information.

Then who do I love?

I love someone. I get butterflies when Im around them. I also want to be with them all the time. Then it hit me. I didn't want to say it. Or think it for that matter.

I was in love with Will Byers.

(Will Pov)
I love him? Why would I say that?

My hands were still shaking from when he was talking to me.

His hazel eyes burned into mine. I cant blame him for breaking eye contact. Me personally I could never stare at someone that long.

He kept looking at my lips.

I think. I couldn't tell from my vision being blurry from all the crying I was doing.

I had to stop this romance thing. Vecna was on my mind at the moment.

What if I just accepted the fact I would die. I had to eventually. I went downstairs to make some dinner.

My mom was with Hopper again. They were honestly sucking faces at this point. Or you know the innocent version. Just cleaning up his cabin.

Shoot I promised to call Mike.

I ran to my room and shut my door. I dialed his home number and put the phone to my ear.

One ring. Two rings. Three even. I put the phone down.

I wouldn't call me either.

After I popped those 3 words out of my mouth I knew something had changed.

He asked if it was best friend love. I hate to break it to you Mike but no. I hear a door open.

"Im home!" My face lit up. "Johnathan!" I ran out of my room and gave him a hug.

"Ah your almost to tall for me there." He laughed.

I pulled back. "How is the cabin?" He smiles rubbing the back of his neck.

"It's getting there." I let out a small chuckle.

"Oh my gosh guess what." I say stepping back. He raises an eyebrow.

"Max saw me dead." His gaze turned into a worried expression.

"What?" I nod. "Vecna came and showed her us. I was dead."

He shakes his head. "Thats not true." I shrug.

"Max just woke up from a coma so i'm not sure what shes seeing." I turn to walk away when my bedroom phone rings.

I race to my room and pick up my phone. "Hello?" I ask.

"It's me Mike, I need to tell you something."

(A/N) DOUBLE UPDATE LETS GO. short chapter ik. stay safe ml <33

(656 words)