𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴

╰┈➤𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖎𝖗𝖑 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖛𝖔𝖎𝖉

A LOUD BEEPING PULLED ZIGGY FROM THE WARMTH OF THE DARKNESS, the girl groaning as the beeping rattled in her skull and she peeled her eyes open only to immediately freeze at the sight of white walls and a white ceiling. She was in the hospital, but why? She couldn't remember.

Her eyebrows knitted together as she tried to piece together her memory, remembering the case, arriving at Mrs. Hope's house, Lockwood being infuriating, the ghost being a type two, and oh- Lucy burnt Mrs. Hope's house down. So, they had to jump from the second floor. She sat up, pain flaring up her arm. Ziggy looked to her left arm, seeing a bandage wrapped around her arm, the filmy gown she was wearing not covering anything. She sighed and looked around only to light up when she saw her clothes sitting on a chair near her bed.

She carefully got off the bed, grateful that she didn't have an iv and only a finger bracket to keep track of her heart rate. She turned to the machine that was blaring her heart rate out, studying it before she bent down and unplugged it from the wall. Once the machine was off, she took the finger bracket off, tossing it on the bed. She quickly changed out of her hospital gown and back into her clothes, relishing in the comfort it brought.

Ziggy left her room, walking quickly and confidently down the hall to the elevators so no one would suspect anything, ready to be home. Should she have stayed? Probably but she honestly didn't care. The energy that hospitals radiated made her sick to her stomach, all the hairs on her arm standing up. She entered the elevator, pausing when she saw Lucy standing in it, her eyes wide like a deer in headlights before she smiled.

"Hey, long time no see," she said, standing next to Lucy.

"Yeah, how are you doing?" Lucy asked.

"Sore but I'm okay, you?" Ziggy asked.

"Same," Lucy said.

The elevator dinged and the doors opened. Lucy all but bolted out of the elevator, Ziggy trailing behind her. She felt utterly exhausted, and everything felt almost muffled, like she was still underwater. The two girls made their way out of the hospital and slowly made their way to Portland row, the walk home silent as the girls lacked the energy to talk. The sun shined brightly in the sky, showing just how long they had been there. They eventually made home, Ziggy banging on the door when it wouldn't open.

It swung open after a few minutes of Ziggy banging on it, the girl sighing as she trekked inside. "Where's Lockwood?" George asked, looking confused.

"Way to sound pleased to see us," Ziggy teased, smiling at him as she untied her shoes.

"How about, "Oh my god, Lucy, I'm so glad you're okay," or I'm so relieved you're still alive?" Lucy stated, rolling her eyes and she walked to the kitchen.

George sighed, following Lucy. "Oh my god, Lucy, I'm so glad you're okay. I'm so relieved you're still alive," he deadpanned.

Lucy whirled around to glare at him, and George jolted back, almost running into Ziggy. "Don't just say exactly those words!"