𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙻𝚅𝙴

╰┈➤ 𝖙𝖜𝖔 𝖇𝖗𝖔𝖐𝖊𝖓 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖘 𝖉𝖔𝖊𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖊𝖖𝖚𝖆𝖑 𝖆 𝖜𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖊

Despite today being Ziggy's last day at Lockwood & Co, she was at peace. She had spent the day with Lucy and now here she sat, infront of the fireplace, sketching in one of her last pages of her sketchbook. She hummed as she drew Lucy, George, and Lockwood, all standing side by side, arms thrown over each other's shoulders. She was going to miss them but they were all safer this way, Florence Adler couldn't hurt her or them if she wasn't here.

Footsteps drew Ziggy out of her thoughts, making her look up and over to see who was coming in. Only for topaz eyes to meet chocolate as Ziggy gave Lockwood a smile. "Hey," she greeted.

Lockwood returned the smile as he sat down next to her. "Hey," he said, holding two books in his lap One was a small plain book and the second one was covered by the first so she couldn't see.

"What are you up to?" she asked, gesturing to the books.

Lockwood shifted and if Ziggy didn't know any better, she would say that Lockwood was almost nervous but that would be funny since Lockwood hardly got nervous. Ziggy shifted, turning to him. "Locky?"

"Here," he said, shoving the first small, plain book at her. "It's for you."

Ziggy sat her pencil down on her sketchbook, letting both rest in her lap, as she took the book from Lockwood. She scanned it over, her eyes widening with realization when she saw it was a sketchbook. "Lockwood, why did you-"

"You're always drawing," he interrupted, looking at her. "And I saw you're almost out of pages and I think your drawings are nice and they help you when you're upset so I got you a new one so you didn't have to worry about running out."

Ziggy looked at him, their gaze meeting and a smile rose to her lips. "Thank you," she said. "I appreciate it."

Butterflies erupted in her stomach, making her look away from him, unable to handle his gaze as her cheeks turned red. God, her crush on him must be so obvious. Why couldn't she be like Lucy and not have a crush on him? She liked Anthony Lockwood and she actually wanted him to like her back...not that it mattered anymore, not when she was leaving as soon as the sun rose. But this feeling, having a crush, was new to her and she didn't want to lose it. She had a few boys like her back at Jacobs but she had never returned their feelings. In fact, she thought that something must've been wrong with her when she never seemed interested in anyone and that feeling only solidify when Lucy and Norrie started dating.

But then, she met Lockwood and she denied the feelings for him, he was technically her boss, but denial could only go so far whne you have Lucy as a friend. So, maybe, she should stay. Maybe, she should tell him everything about her mother, it would be logical. But then they would all be in danger because of her. No, the safest thing to do was leave in the morning.

"I thought, maybe," Lockwood spoke up, drawing her attention back to him. He was always great at that, her attention was always on him whether she realized it or not. "Maybe you could draw a picture for me?"