𝚂𝙸𝚇

╰┈➤𝖒𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖆 𝖌𝖍𝖔𝖘𝖙

HER SKIN PRICKLED WITH NERVES THAT RAN THROUGH HER BODY, unable to shake the feeling that they shouldn't be doing this, that something was going to go wrong. It seemed to be their luck lately. Ziggy was currently slumped down in a chair that was placed in the middle of the sitting room, right where the coffee table normally was, but George and Lockwood had pushed it out of the way so the chair could sit there. She felt like the center of attention, one of the things she hated most; something she always was when she was with her mother.

Ziggy took a deep breath in, looking up when she heard footsteps. Lockwood was walking over, dressed so casually that it felt like something she wasn't supposed to see. Even though she had seen him in pajamas before. However, the grey hoodie he was wearing made her pause, knowing she had one just like it so she would have to be careful not to mix it up with his.

Lockwood stopped in front of her, meeting her gaze as he held out Annabel's ring. "If she takes any liberties, we're right here, okay?"

Ziggy smiled and nodded. "Okay," she said, holding her hand out for the ring.

"Be careful," he warned her, watching her briefly before he placed the ring in the palm of Ziggy's hand.

As soon as the cool metal of the ring touched her palm, Ziggy was plunged into the darkness, making her gasp. She tightened her grip on the ring as she no longer could feel the chair or the warm air of Portland Row, and it made her hesitant. "Lockwood?" she called out weakly.

"I'm right here," Lockwood spoke up, making her shoulders slump with relief. He was still right there even if she couldn't see him.

Ziggy took a deep breath in, looking around in the darkness. She was alone, Annabel was nowhere in sight, but Ziggy had a feeling she wanted to talk. "Annabel?" she called out, receiving a soft cry seconds later. "Annabel, it's okay, it's safe."

There was silence before orchestra music started playing from behind her and Ziggy turned around, the darkness warping. She found herself in a room full of people, it was a club of sorts, people filled the tables, some were on the dance floor, and a band was playing on stage. She couldn't recognize anyone's faces, they were all blurred, but she could recognize Annabel's. Ziggy went over to her, seeing her stand next to a man, a smile on her face. The man's face was also blurred, but Ziggy couldn't tell if it was because of the darkness or because perhaps Annabel didn't want to remember what he looked like.

"There's music playing," Ziggy said softly, suddenly remembering that Lucy and the others were waiting for answers. She watched as Annabel laughed when the music reached her ears. "Annabel loves it."

"Dance with me," Annabel says.

"I'm not in the mood," the man tells her.

But Annabel doesn't like the response, she tries again. "It's our song, come on," she huffed.