𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴

╰┈➤  𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖈𝖆𝖑𝖒 𝖇𝖊𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖒

THE AFTERNOON THEY LEFT FOR COMBE CAREY HALL WAS GLOOMY, like a sign of impending doom and Ziggy wanted nothing more than to curl up under her covers than go. But she still got up that morning, braided her hair, and got dressed. She went downstairs, full of restless energy, and she ate breakfast in silence with the others. She spent the morning wandering, unable to sit still long enough to read or sketch but she also didn't want to spend too much time training and overdo it.

She had spent an hour checking, and rechecking the bags, making sure everything was packed, and then she checked it for a third time. It was then that Lucy found her and saw how nervous she was and she suggested cards.

They easily roped George in and then, by being too loud, they had managed to rope Lockwood in. It was nice, Ziggy almost felt normal for once, key word being almost, until before any of them were ready, the time had come. They had to leave.

The car ride to the train station was silent, even purchasing tickets were a quiet ordeal. It wasn't until they were on the train that the quiet was broken. "Oh! I call dibs on sitting near the window," Ziggy exclaimed, rushing into an empty compartment with a grin. She put her bags in the overhead luggage before she sat down on the bench, looking out the window.

Lucy snorted as she entered the compartment, Lockwood and George trailing after her. They took care of their things before Lockwood sat down next to Ziggy. She shot him a grin. "Can you believe we're actually on a train?"

"Ziggy, we've rode on one before," Lucy pointed out as she sat down across from her.

"Yeah, I know but they still amaze me," Ziggy scoffed.

"Why?" George asked, adjusting his glasses as he sat down next to Lucy. "They're boring."

"Maybe to you," Ziggy said, turning to look out the window. "But to me, they're relaxing. You can just watch the world fade away and for a minute, you can pretend. Pretend that your life is normal, like you're not going out there every night and fighting for your life. You can pretend that you have everything you could ever want." she paused and looked at him. "How could I not love them?"

"That sounds lovely," Lockwood spoke up, causing topaz eyes to meet chocolate as Ziggy grinned at him.

"Glad to see someone agree with me," she said.

George snorted. "Of course he agrees with you, why wouldn't he?"

Ziggy shot George a confused look. "What does that mean?"

George opened his mouth to respond when Lockwood kicked him in his shin, causing George to yelp. "What was that for?" he asked, pouting.

"Be quiet," Lockwood hissed.

George rubbed his shin while glaring at Lockwood and Ziggy exchanged a confused look with Lucy. "Be nice to George," Ziggy reprimanded Lockwood as she tucked a leg under her lap. "This is possibly our last night alive so let's not ruin it by being assholes."