Nostalgic

We've been staying with the Moretti's for about two days. We did the same thing both days -- wake up, hang out amongst ourselves in one room, shower, talk, plan, eat dinner with the Moretti family, and sleep. Primo was no longer allowed to talk to us, because he spent an entire day running around the house screaming "ASSHOLES!" at the top of his lungs after Derek tried to justify himself by telling Primo that it meant "chocolate" in a form of a 'silly word'.

We were planning to do it today, possibly tomorrow, and the day after. Yet, our very important plans were canceled when a guard came to our door and let us know that Don Moretti wanted to have a word with us in his office.

As the five of us walked down after the guard, we all threw harsh glares at Derek. Of course, he couldn't see mine, but he probably felt my eyes drilling into the back of his head while we walked. It was because of him that the angel of the house was obsessed with a new word, breaking the rules of what was expected from us in the duration of our stay.

When we walked up to the two large oak doors that I had faced many times before, memories flooded back to me and my heart beat violently against my chest, blending in with the sound of the guard knocking on the door.

"Come in." 

We walked in, and it seemed the office looked exactly the same. I looked to the couch where my father got wasted and I helped him sleep on, the desk where we both sat whilst I yelled at him for no reason, the chair I sat in when I first arrived -- timid and scared. Except this time, it was my eldest brother who sat at the chair across it, not my father.

"Please, sit." Enzo said, motioning towards the seats.

Derek and Maya sat down whilst the rest of us stayed standing. Enzo cocked his eyebrow and motioned to the couch, but I crossed my arms and tapped my foot on the floor, waiting for him to say something.

He cleared his throat. "Okay, that's fine too...stand up. For the last few days I've been researching, trying to gather information, attempting to come up with plans but I've got nothing. I...need your...assistance."

I smiled and stood up straight. "Oh, what you mean to say, you need our help?"

He grimaced. "I thought it was clear that we already had formed that alliance and made that obvious last week."

I snorted. "Right. Well, then, let's get to it."

He smiled. "Okay. Tell me what you know about the don of the Greek Mafia, Anastasia."

FLASHBACK

_______________

I slowly opened my eyes, the dim lighting still blinding me as my eyes adjusted. I took in my surroundings -- I was in a cold, grey room. The walls and floors were concrete, and from what I could see -- they were bloodstained. There was a singular mattress on one corner, with two buckets and toilet paper in the other. The door was directly across from me, and it looked like it was metal. There was a small window and cameras in every 4 corners of the room. 

I groaned and looked to my left and right, realizing Derek and Maya were right next to me. Memories came flooding back into my mind and realization set in. I could see their bloodied faces and they were bandaged, and I realized I was too. I tried to get up and reach towards them in an attempt to wake them up, but I was stopped by the feeling of restraints on me and fell forward, bringing the chair toppling down with me.

"Shit." I muttered as the cold concrete grazed my cheek. I heard rustling behind me and realized my friends were waking up and let out a sigh of relief.