3. Drop.

TW: Panic Attack

I can't believe what I'm seeing, something inside me breaks and my heart drops. It's Tori, kissing a guy. A full on makeout, Tori is filming underneath him in the middle of a field. I can't make out the guy but it's clearly her, music is playing in the back and the video is chaotic. I look at the time, '1:30' meaning it's exactly 3 PM in NewfoundLand and Labrador, where Tori currently is. Why is she drinking at this time? She's clearly drunk. I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I feel weird. Betrayed.

The video ends and I notice something else, where her bitmoji used to be was now a photo with a blue circle around it. She posted it on her story. I clicked it, it's the same video but with the text "💕💕"

I panic for her, she clearly didn't mean to post or send any of this. I can feel my heart start to quicken. She promised she wouldn't do stupid shit like this, she promised she wasn't even interested any romantic shit. She's fucking unbelievable. I feel the corner of my eyes water. And the dizziness starts.

Avery finally notices, "Chris?" She furrows her eyebrows, concerned. She drops her pencil and takes the phone from me, watching the video carefully as I stay in shock. My chest starts to noticeably go up and down, I start not being able to see properly and my ears ring. Shock.

"Christine!" Avery says, louder. The teacher stops and notices, the other students look, not that I would know.

My chest feels heavy and my breaths are scattered.

In a heartbeat, I try to swiftly get up, "I need to use the bathroom." I stumble, unable to see as dots cover my vision. I try to take a step...

'1:35'

Drop.

Saying the rest was a blur would be an understatement, I don't even remember it. I wake up in a hospital room to beeping and my head aches. My eyes slowly adjust to the light, I look out the window. Nothing but darkness and a small lamp in my room. I read the clock on the nightstand, '8:06'

How long was I out for?!

"How are you feeling sweetie?" I focus my attention on the voice, a nurse walks in, with a genuine smile. "What happened.." Is all I can get out, as I remember the event hours prior. "You have a minor concussion, you seemed to have an incident at school?" She seemed to be asking a question instead of giving me an answer. "Your family is just outside, I'll let them in."

Both my mom and dad walk in, I question where my brothers are. My mom has one of those sad smiles, like she's on the verge of tears. My dad has a more of a smile that shows he's trying to lighten up the mood, and a proud look that I'm awake.

"Are you okay honey?" My mom looks me dead in the eyes as she sits on my bed, my dad takes a seat on a stool as the nurse leaves. "I'm fine." I give a weak smile. "Here, they said to give you this," my dad gets up and hands me an apple sauce, scooting his chair closer. "What triggered it this time? You've never hit your head before." My mom helps open my sauce.

I look at her and tears start to slowly flow, but I don't sob. "Oh baby," my dad fixes my bed.

 "I miss her.." I managed to get out, now audibly crying. I know it was stupid, but Tori left for Christmas break and stayed in NFL for a bit longer. Maybe because I wasn't doing good mentally, or because I depended on her but I fucking missed her. She helped me realize who I was and ultimately was the only one there for me. "Who honey?" My mom looked more concerned, trying to understand.

"Tori." My dad doesn't ask but knows, I nod. I stop crying and sniffle, looking at my parents. "I don't remember what happened." I lie, not wanting to get into it.

My mom sighs, she knows I'm lying but doesn't fight it. "It's okay. The doctor said we're good to leave now, come on." She gives a smile and picks up a bag, I start to carefully get up as my dad helps me. "Here's your phone," He hands me.

"99+"

Ella
Hey what happened??

Avery
Hope you're okay xx
Shes seriously fucked for that

Mark
Heard you fainted, you okay??
I'm here if you need anything

Aiden
You good?

Kayla
Omg text me when you wake up! Hope you're okayy

I was surprised Bella, Tara, Sophia or anyone else from that friend group didn't text me.

I sighed, putting the phone down, carefully walking to the exit as my dad walks beside me. The nurse explains how to treat my concussion and the precautions I should take. But I'm not paying attention...

Vibrate.
I look at my lock screen again...

Tori
'Hey'