6. Call

"Red or pink?!" Avery grunts frustrated, holding up two perfect dresses from her perfect, rich wardrobe. One a long, matte red and the other short, shiny and pink. Behind her lay at least 20 other dresses, scattered along her queen bed. Her rooms consist of pink walls and pink decor. But not a loud vibrant pink, a pastel rich looking pink. It's huge with many fancy items.

"Forget it! I'm not going." She exclaims half jokingly, half upset. Avery drops the hangers and sits on the floor with her knees and head tucked. I scoff at her, as Kayla gives me a look signaling 'don't laugh!'

"Come on get up," Kayla reaches a hand to help up Avery. "It's your birthday party you have to go!"

"Then help me pick out a dress!" She whines, now looking up at Kayla but still not taking her hand.

"Wait... we're going to your birthday party?" I mutter quietly, genuinely confused.

"Of course it's her party!" Ella exclaims, sticking her head out the washroom with half-done makeup. "Your so out of it today!" Kayla laughs, as the others join. Cheering Avery up.

Although I don't, panic washes over me. Am I really acting that different, that I seem out of it? Do they know about my feelings for Tori, the weed I've been smoking, or what happened at the park last night. My head spins with a thousand questions, and goosebumps form. Recently I know everything has changed, but I thought I was doing a good job covering it. And I knew I shouldn't go to some stupid party after what happened, especially with Amelia going to the same party. I'm mostly only going to find a new dealer, seemingly how I don't want to see Amelia ever again.

My thoughts go back to the night before...

~~~

I freeze not knowing what to do. It's quiet except for her panting in front of me, as she lays inches from my face. I see her slowly lean in to kiss me.

I take a deep breath and look around in panic.

"Get off!" I yell trying to push her back. But her hands push my hips down, making me unable to move.

I struggle and fight against her as her moans overpower my ears. I manage to escape her grip, throwing myself onto my feet. I pant hard as she lays stunned underneath the playground. We both catch our breath in silence, and I stare into her eyes.

"Chri-" She gulps,

"Don't." I end her sentence.

"I- I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to pressure you." Amelia stutters. She takes deep breaths in between her sentences. I can only see the glow from her jewelry and her beautiful blue eyes, the rest is covered in darkness. "Fuck..." She holds her head regretfully. "I'm stoned out of my mind, please... Please don't leave me." Her voice begins to crack.

I understand. Everyone in her life has either died, left her, or given up on her. She needs me, but I'm too much in shock. Light sobs escape from her mouth, which confuses me. My head pounds, and I can't see or think clearly.

So I stormed off...

~~~

"You good?" Avery chuckles, while sniffing away her sadness. I slightly jolt, getting dragged back to reality. I shift in my stool, "I know my birthday was last month, but we were waiting to have a big party when Ella's parents are out of town so we could use her house. They just left for their 3 month vacation! Although we were meant to have it next month when Tori would have come back." She finally gets up and starts refreshing herself in the mirror.

I process the words she had just said, "Would have come back? Tori's not coming back next month?" I'm now intrigued by this conversation, and all my worry and focus is on what is currently happening and not what happened early this morning. I learn forward on the stool I'm sitting on, preparing for Avery's next words.