Chapter 146 - A Date? (5)

The drive was quick, but as Rio parked in front of a shoddy dive bar, she couldn't help but give him a skeptical glance. The building's window was boarded up, with a large metal gate in front of the door. There was a large dumpster by the building, and she swore she saw a rat run by.

She wouldn't get food poisoning from eating here, would she?

"What are you waiting for? Let's go."

"Uhm, will I die if I eat here?"

"Don't judge things by appearance, Val. I guarantee the food is delicious."

"If you say so. I'll send you the hospital bill if I die."

"Drama queen." He snorted sarcastically before getting out of his car.

Following behind him, she was relieved to see that the inside was much cleaner that the outward appearance.

The dim lighting and worn but clean booths and tables showed that the it was a well visited establishment.

Although the lack of air conditioning was annoying, the delicious smells wafting from the kitchen convinced her stomach.

The place looked pretty full, but it was an older crowd, which made her feel relieved.

Rio familiarly went up to the counter, chatting up the cashier before placing an order.

"6 birria tacos, 2 chicken, 2 asada, 2 carnitas, two spicy consommés, 2 spicy mole sauces, and two house special beers, please. And some sopapillas, extra cinnamon sugar."

Quickly paying and grabbing the receipt and the two beers, they grabbed a booth toward the back.

"We're wearing school uniforms. They're not going to card us?"

"I'm a regular. Don't tell anyone, though."

Grabbing the plastic cup of beer, she quickly took a sip, feeling her body cool down immediately.

As she kicked her feet while waiting for the food to be ready, two girls around her age approached them nervously.

As they stood nervously by their booth, briefly glancing at her before focusing on Rio with their faces blushing, Valentina felt a bad feeling churning through her body.

Don't tell her they had been recognized. Patting her face to make sure her thick glasses were still on her face, she shot Rio a glare before smiling politely at them.

This punk! He promised that they wouldn't be recognized! She would have to beat him up later.

"Uhm, hello, we don't mean to interrupt, but you're Rio, right? From the Fallen Angels? Can we get a photo? We promise not to post it, we would just like to have it."

"Uhm, could you sign uhhh, a napkin for me as well." The second girl asked nervously, her eyes stuck on Rio's face.

"Sure thing. But it's a secret that I'm here. I'm actually hiding from my manager, so I'll be in a lot of trouble if you post it."

"We promise, we won't share it!"

"For sure. I'll hold onto it until the moment I die!"

"Well it's not that deep. What are your names?" Rio replied with a practiced smile

"Kate and Lauren!"

Pulling out a marker from god knows where he quickly autographed a napkin.

As the girls pulled out their phones to take a selfie.

"Would you like me to take the photo for you?" Valentina asked politely."

"Please do. And use the flash, please!" Lauren cried out, almost in tears.