Chapter Fifty-Five

I should've thought about the consequences a little more before jumping. The only thing that raced through my mind was William. I should've known Jacob would've had a back up plan. He was going to jail anyway.

    Memories of my time with William rushed through my mind. His kisses, the scent of his hair, the feeling of his body pressed to mine. I remembered it all.

     The biggest thing I remembered was the way we felt towards each other. The feeling in the room when we were together. The way he looked at me and no one else.

     Then I remembered the last thing I felt after jumping to save him. Pain. Fiery, achy, burning, pain. I could remember the taste of blood filling my mouth. I remember feeling my legs give out beneath me. I remember the screams from the people around me and the fear in Willy's eyes as I laid on the ground looking up at him before it all went black.

     Those are the last things I remember. Outside of this dark world, I swear I can feel the presence of people around me. Waiting. Hoping. Do I regret jumping? No. Not one bit. I felt like I owed William anyway. After all, if I had never jumped into the relationship, he'd win Carolina right now. I think that at least. I don't actually know what day it is.

     Just then, a familiar voice soothes my thoughts. "How is she?" Is all I can hear. But I know that voice. I want that voice. That kind, sweet, perfectly loving voice.

     I can feel my consciousness coming back. I'm aware of my body. I'm aware of my breathing. The blankets on top of me, the tube down my throat, and most of all the pain in my throat and chest. I can feel it all.

     I allow my eyes to flutter open. My visions blurred to the point where everything just looks white but it begins to clear up. I turn to the voice and there I see William sitting.

     "Hey Lovey! How are you?" He whispers to me.

     Obviously I can't speak. I reach for my head and rub my temples. Suddenly I feel overwhelmed with questions. Where am I? Am I in Toronto? What day is it? What time is it? How long was I out? What happened? Why is William in a suit?

I then notice Auston walk in. Why is he here? My breathing quickens and I start to freak out. Tubes are sticking out of my arm. There's a huge one in my throat. I can't speak.

"Go get a nurse." William says. He approach's me and rubs my hand. "Hey, hey. Relax. It's Ok, you're in a hospital just outside Toronto. Still in Canada. Um what else might you be wondering? It's Thursday. You've been out for almost a week. You saved my ass. Jacob's in custody. He had a knife shoved I don't know where. Stabbed you three times. Would've been more if it was me. He got your lower neck and upper chest. I just got back from a game. It's almost one a.m." He said.

Several nurses rushed in and surrounded me. Now I just wanted William back.