4 | 35 | I've Been Summoning You this Whole Time?

"If you ever need me..."

Classrooms were becoming more and more serious as the end of the school year approached- which meant exams

This year, Lisa really wanted to be top of her class. She believed it would make Severus so proud of her that he wouldn't care if she went and married a centaur.

She was spending most of her time either studying or helping Harry learn some defensive spells for his last Task, which he still didn't know until a month before the Task.

As Lisa was having him master a more offensive spell, he was summoned to go look at the hedges that were consuming the entire Quidditch pitch.  Lisa didn't know who would be the next Quidditch Captain, but she told Harry before he left to make sure and ask if they're going to get rid of that mess before next year.

He came back not too long after, and confirmed they would. Lisa sighed in relief and then wondered who would be the Captain next year since Flint was gone. Pucey? Montague? Draco? Was he even old enough?

"It's gonna be a maze," Harry explained, feeling the end of his wand distractedly. "They've gone and put all kinds of creatures in there, he said."

Lisa nodded. "Nothing you can't handle. Besides, it looks like we're practicing the right stuff."

She wondered if she could make some kind of protecting concoction for him to take before he got in there. She reminded herself to read up on some within the next few days since potions could take anywhere from a couple minutes to months.

"Do I need to write down any incantations for you to take or can you remember all of them?" Lisa asked.

"Take?"

"Into the maze," she clarified. "I could slip a note in your pockets. Not sure if you'll have time to pull it out, though, so you might try and practice some more."

It gave her an excuse to be around him, also.

They decided to go down to the lake after practicing a couple more incantations, just to rest and feel some air.

She sat at the bottom of a tree and watched him try to skip some rocks. He was not that good at it.

"Do you ever go swimming?" He suddenly asked her after tossing his last pebble aside.

She sat up straighter. "Sure, why? Do you?"

He shrugged. "Not much, but I've learned to when I was young." He joined her and sat under the tree.

"Me too." She played with a blade of grass and looked out to the water. "I think the water would be too cold for that right now. Maybe when it gets warmer."

She knew she didn't want to swim in that lake, but she didn't mention that part. Not now that she knew what was in it, and she wasn't big on swimming in places where little critters could touch, bite, glide or anything to her legs. She shuddered slightly and hugged her knees. The breeze from the lake was getting stronger, as if it could read her thoughts.