79

79

Kaya’s POV.

I read out loud, “Rose Miles. Alan Miles. Williams Miles. And...” I see no name at the last one and it brings up a wrinkle to the skin of my forehead.

“That’s a grave we made for our babies. We lost them before we even decided on a name.”

“Kyle thinks we allow you bring up a name and maybe we will sculpt it on the stone.”

The brothers keep on talking, mentioning things that I hadn’t required of them to do.

They are completely wrong to have thought they could bury them and it would be the end of all my anger. This is only a reminder, that these families of mine who are six feet into the ground aren’t supposed to be the one in there, but these darned evil men.

It only brings back the memory of how I want to make them suffer for what they’ve done. This only brings back that memory. Once again, I am hurt by them without their realization. They want to change, don’t they? They want to grovel, don’t they?

They are doing it wrong, and I shall be their end frankly.

I turn to face the triplets and they see the rage in my eyes, causing them to stop talking.

“I remember their cries. I remember the fear in Williams eyes when he was caught down by your men and on the same day, you imprisoned me to be your slave. You could have released me that day and we’d never have gotten to this.”

Kade steps forward with his face positioned to the ground. “You hate us so much, don’t you?”

“You can’t begin to imagine how much of hatred I have for you. It’s a feeling that I can’t just shake away. I have suffered and I want you to feel every bit of my pain.” I’m speaking with so much vile inside me.

Heavy stomping roams the air. The triplets turn towards the slide of the valley, their demeanor changed instantly at the roars of men, appearing all of a sudden.

“How did they find us here?” Kyle panics.

“There’s only one explanation.” While Kieran suggests, already putting two and two together, I step back.

Kade finishes their words. “Kaya. You did this, didn’t you?”

In the distance, I still Olivia on a horse, thumping towards us and she grins when she sees me.

Kade’s eyes remain on mine while his brothers ready themselves into the fight, preparing their stance. “Why does it hurt me, Kaya?”

He stares deep into my eyes, making me share in his pain. I did block my heart from sharing any feelings with the triplets but perhaps because of the situation, it has weakened that closed door, opening it up for the sensation that settles in.

I can feel just how the once cold heart of Kade breaks in many pieces, and he’s unable to pull himself together. It doesn’t show much on his facial expression and body expression, though, but in his eyes, I see the wave, shattering him into fragments. And he wouldn’t snatch his eyes off of me.

He repeats, “it hurts, Kaya. I’m sorry we had to get here?” The amount of sadness in his eyes is one that I’ve never seen before, not even when his kingdom was first threatened by the neighboring packs but now that he knows that I have chosen Olivia over them, the sadness is concise and precise within his lenses.

And if he feels this way, all three of them feels it, because the wave isn’t coming from just him alone. They are all broken, just like they did break me.

Closing my eyes, telling myself that I had had no choice, I complete my mission, “blaze under my command and circle around the triplets.” I finish with roar of fire uprooting like the crops do and surrounds the ground where the triplets are.