90

90

Kaya’s POV.

“You bitch. What the fuck are you doing here?” Jared curses at me, his teeth gritting, and I raise one of my brows.

Wow. I’m surprised. I know he’s got a big mouth naturally, but after what he has just done to his nephews, he has acquired a very big mouth at that.

He doesn’t seem to have any remorse or something of the sort. He looks perfectly okay, and if I hadn’t appeared here, he might still be flashing his teeth as the triplets walk one step closer to their deaths.

“You don’t seem bitter at the fact that your nephews are dying?” I say as I shift my eyes to them. Kade’s body has weakened like the other time when Chester and I saved him from the hands of Olivia and the other alphas. His eyes are reddened from being strained by the poison.

It must have been a strong one, and I wonder why Jared would be keeping such poison all this time just to get rid of the last ones he could call family. I don’t expect less since he was even the one who killed their mother, and I shall make him confess every bit of that.

“And you don’t seem like you’re going to sound the alarm so a physician can come and check on them.” I add, and he squints his eyes at me.

He gnashes his teeth at me, showing his fangs, and says, “you know what? It’s good that you’re here. I’d just end all of you at once.”

“And why is that? I can understand why you want me to perish, but your family—why would you do such a thing?” I ask, and he laughs.

He is still laughing, and the reason why is obscure to me. I’m just narrowing my eyes at him, my palms ready to cast a spell in case of any shocking event he might have in his head that’d surely lead to my death. With the way he’s daring his eyes at me, I can tell he wishes to kill me where I stand right now.

And I mean, when you think about it, I’ve actually been a pain in his ass since the first time I appeared in this kingdom, and he can’t wait to get rid of me finally.

“I don’t need to answer your questions. It doesn’t change the fact that I’d crush you where you stand right now.” He begins to walk close to me until suddenly, his left leg drags behind him, and he trips. He almost falls to the ground, but is quick to pick himself back up.

He grunts and shakes his head, blowing out air through his mouth as he blinks rapidly. “What’s...”

I didn’t allow him to finish his sentence. Well, to be very honest, he doesn’t have many sentences to finish, so I would rather be quick with this. “You’re the fool here, Jared. You think you’ve got it all figured out, and well, maybe you did, but you failed in the end. Let me tell you something.′ I say and get closer to him. He has fallen to one knee now, and he can’t move his hands anymore, so he can’t attack me even if I’m to close all the spaces between the both of us. “I see through you right from the start of your mistake. You made the triplets the monsters that they became; you ruined everything, and I believe you have a lot to tell us today.”

I hurry to Kade and pat his cheeks. “Kade. Open your eyes.” I hit him hard on the cheeks, but he’s barely holding on, as is Kieran. On the other hand, when I check Kyle’s breathing, he can barely move his chest. The poison has reached deep into his heart, leaving me with confusion on how he’s the most affected. Anyway, that doesn’t matter. I must reverse the curse.

“What did you do to me?” Jared shouts into the air, his eyes bleeding at me with such glaring stares that it frightens not even a strand of my hair.

“You think you’re the only one who can poison? The funny thing you didn’t realize is that witches have more knowledge of the right poison to do the job than a werewolf like yourself.” My lips spread into a smile for a second before I go back into a serious mode and take a few steps back.