3.

I thought of discrediting the whole thing as a fragment of my imagination. I had a huge fight with my ex, and ended up breaking his Bentley, it was only natural that I would imagine such senseless things. Maybe I was having a nightmare? I assumed I would wake up in the morning the next day and laugh about it. We both sat in the basement for almost half an hour before I realised that this was really happening. And I needed to find him blood seeing how I was the only source easily available to feed on otherwise. I didn't want him ripping my throat apart.

A vampire. Wow. Just what I needed at the moment - more mental stress and babysitting.

I sneak him into the house, careful not to wake anyone. He doesn't complain and proves to be more discrete than me. I hold his hand, guiding him towards the stairs that lead upstairs from the living room. We took two steps at a time and reached my room without making any sound. As soon as we were in, I bolted the door and switched on the lights. His eyes were on me, waiting for me to say something.

"Fine," I blew out air through my mouth and paced around with my hands on my hips. There was a way I could find him some food, but I was certain it wouldn't be to his liking. To take him to the place, I had to get into my car and drive almost 25 miles. That wasn't a challenge at all. Taking him to my car without the security cameras recording it was the toughest part. I didn't want my father to get a whiff of this. I explained the same to him. He listened patiently, without moving the slightest bit. He hardly breathed.

"Okay," he nodded, acknowledging that my concerns were legit. "Show me your car, and I will run and get in."

I stopped pacing. "Let me tell you how the cameras work. Even if you run, they will record you."

He laughed with zero humor. "I come from a world that's more advanced than yours. I understand how cameras work. Where's your car parked?

"Umm..." I wasn't very sure what he meant by that. Well, if I gave him the benefit of the doubt and the cameras detected him, I would have to delete the footage from the security room, and that would be a huge headache. I should probably wait for Gareth, our day shift property manager, to be back on duty, bribe him, and get things done while hoping that my father didn't stumble upon it.

"Just think about the place where your car is parked," he said and walked toward me. I instantly took a step back when he approached. It was more of a reflex than fear. The fact that he was a vampire didn't scare me. I wasn't even sure of it yet. For all I knew, he could have been a mentally ill man from an asylum. Or an alien manipulating me.

On second thought, a vampire seemed more believable than an alien. Ughhh...this was so confusing.

"I won't hurt you," he said and extended both his arms towards me, as if he wanted me to come closer, fit myself between them, and surrender to his touch.

"Yes, I was getting my head around that."

I walked forward and let him touch my shoulders. He came closer and put his forehead to mine. My heart thumped against my chest. Damn the proximity. He was so gorgeous, it was hard to concentrate.

A small smile played on his lips. "I'm thrilled that you think I'm gorgeous, but think about the car instead."

I turned crimson and broke our overwhelming eye contact. I cleared my throat and concentrated on my car, trying not to drown in my embarrassment. I seemed to be on a streak tonight.

He moved away. "Great. Go to your car, and I will follow."

I laughed out loud. "Nice try, but no. What if you sneak into my siblings' bedroom once I'm gone?"

He narrowed his eyes. "You are giving me ideas that I would otherwise not get."

"Ideas that are indeed legit," I countered, not moving from my place.