17.

Kyzer stared at me with his hands folded to his chest, his posture leisurely, but his mind fixed on two people - one who was being tossed in the air again and again by the tendrils of light while the other would shut up only to scream louder again.

"How are you walking?" I asked.

"Lythra's rules don't apply to Earth. My transaction with the oracle is limited to Lythra only"

As if my head wasn't throbbing already, his words made it hurt further.

"I will tell you all about it once we go see a healer."

He rested his head on the door frame and a lazy smile spread on his face when his emerald green eyes landed on Aren.

"Prince charming!" Kyzer mocked, "How does it feel to be smothered?"

I frowned and looked closely. A very soft gush of air pressed into Aren side, as if someone was stomping him. Kyzer was doing it without a bother in the world. He wasn't concentrating like Aren and Loren do and this whole episode of torture was coming so naturally to him that I did not understand if I should be scared or fascinated.

He finally straightened and strode inside the room. Even from a distance, I knew he was very tall. Being 5 feet 7 inches, my head would only reach his chest tall. And he was built very well. Broad shoulders and strong chest that narrowed down to a lean stomach. The turtle neck winter shirt only accentuated his physique. He had loose jeans on so that said nothing about his legs but I was sure I'd find strong calfs like that of a kangaroo. Or even better...

Did I just compare him to a Kangaroo??

Aren got shoved into the kitchen counter again and groaned when the broken pieces pierced into his back.

I was losing too much blood. My world swayed and I felt the ground slip beneath me. I wanted to eat, to rest, to do anything other than stand.

A muscular hand wrapped around my waist and stopped my head from hitting the ground. I groaned and shut my eyes when the brightness of the tendril of light holding Fredrick flashed into my eyes. I was so close to them that I could feel the pulsating power.

I saw that foam was oozing out of Fredrick's mouth. Kala's venom.

Gentle fingers brushed my hair away from my face and secured them behind my ear. The same cold fingers nuzzled the side of my face, to show effection or to wipe away the blood, I didn't know.

"I should have brought my Desert Eagle" I mumbled, wrapping both of my hands around the bicep that felt like solid steel. It made me feel safe. Secure.

"What would you have done then?" Kyzer asked, his voice sounding almost seductive when he spoke so softly.

I tried to pull myself up and failed miserably. I slipped again and Kyzer's hand on my waist was the only thing stopping me from kissing the floor. Probably, he understood that I was trying to stand. He gently pulled me up and placed both his hands on my shoulders to keep me upright. It was disappointing that I had to let go of his biceps.

"I would have shot than one" I pointed at Fredrick, "...at the same spot that I had previously kicked him in. Then, let's see how he'd talk about assaulting anyone."

I was still swaying. I guess the comfort I felt on Kyzer's arrival has drained whatever adrenaline my body was running on. I could have a concussion or worse, a skull break. My left palm hurt too. They tossed me like a piece of salmon. I wish I could do the same to them.

Kyzer placed his hands on either side of my face and held my head in place, "I'd have my entire court cheer for you then. But for now, I am going to take you from here."