19.

"It's obvious why he wouldn't tell you that." Kyzer took another sip from his mocha while my donut and coffee remained untouched. For all I know, the waitress may have poisoned it so that she'd have the handsome customer all to herself. I noticed how she was throwing death glares my way from behind the counter.

"I don't even know how much of the horseshit he told me was actually true" I admitted.

"What did he tell you?"

I told Kyzer everything that Aren told me. I did not mince my words or try to make his insults of the usurper sound sweeter. Kyzer didn't react at all. Unlike Aren who kept moving a lot like a nervous teenager, Kyzer stayed calm and composed. He was much more...mature.

"The details of how I entered the court, befriended his father and usurped the throne, they are all correct. I wouldn't say the same about the oracle."

I gently pushed my cup of coffee aside but decided to take a bite from the donut. It was too enticing for me.

"So, the oracle did not curse you?"

Kyzer thought about it for a second before answering, "The oracle did me a favour. In return, I offered her my mobility. And then, my sister ended up killing her and that was inevitable. You can call it fate. It was a war and the oracle was doing her duty of protecting the king and my sister was protecting me."

"You said Lythra's rules don't apply here. Does it mean if you return to Lythra, you will be a cripple again?"

"Yes"

Despite my physical state, I paid keen attention to Kyzer in Talia's apartment. It was hard not to. When he walks into a room, heads would turn. Its given.

"My lack of locomotor functions proved to be an advantage. It earned me the trust of my citizens"

I took a larger chunk of the donut, "Why do you say yhay?" I said with a mouthful of the sweet delight.

"I am a Jgyenti. My power is scary. If I had a physical flaw, they would stay assured that I wouldn't be able to release my magic in its full intensity. I needed them to trust me first so that I could maintain a tight hold on my territory."

"Did you accomplish it? Tight hold on the territory?"

"Almost. You can drink that coffee, you know."

I coughed. I didn't expect him to notice that I was intentionally avoiding it.

"Okay" I said and took a small sip.

Ecstasy. I missed caffeine.

"The whole 'made on earth', summoning...I thought it was silly" I admitted honestly.

However, I had more doubts, "Why send the Pinakah?"

"I wanted to meet you"

He did not hesitate, not even for a second.

"Oh"

Neither of us said anything for a while. I had questions and he was answering them. His answers made more sense than Aren's. But after what happened with the Prince, can I trust this king? Would I be able to take it if he betrays me? Would I be alive if Kyzer betrays me?