~SEVENTEEN~

A/n: I'm so sorry for the past weekends that I wasn't able to update, I got a bit busy. But, I'll make it up by publishing four chapters today🤭

~~

I called in sick today, my legs hurt alot. I over burnt myself. Wish someone loved me enough to catch me when I fall, not that I'd willingly accept help but it'll be nice to know that there's someone there for me. I used to think of suicide until the day my mum said, “you would never amount to nothing if you keep behaving this way” when she caught me crying in my room one day.

That was the day I swore I'd become a better a person and put her and everyone else to shame.

I'm over life to be honest.

“Genevive this man isn't hurting you're the one hurting yourself” I scold myself. He didn't succeed in what he planned on, my dad is hours away. None of them can hurt me. I repeat it in my head trying to believe myself.

I treat my burn with ointments, I use aboniki on my arms.

I order something just because I don't have the strength to cook.

My delivery arrives century after I ordered.

“I would have died of hunger” I tell the delivery guy

“Eh sorry ma, there was hold up” he explains.

“Hold up for four hours?” I collect my package and pay him delivery fee.

“You people should improve your services” I tell him.

“Yes ma” 

I sit down to devour my pizza.

My phone notification goes off.

Miss Lara Martinez.
I'm on my way to your floor open your door I'm so tired.

My floor? I panic. My injuries are all out, what is she doing here? How did she get my address? How the hell did she find out where I live?

She knocks on the door just as I find the perfect gown.

“Coming” I manage to walk to the door.

“Hi!” She smiles, she has a nylon bag in her hand.

“Hi Lara” I let her in. I try to mask the confusion and shock on my face.

She looks around, “ohh, nice place. Minimalist” she admires my house.

“Thank you. How on earth do you know where I live Lara? I can't rem_”

“Jeez Vie, really? Can't you chill, isn't it obvious? Mr Lade said you called in sick so I came to check up on you and Mr Lade gave me your address. You're welcome, is it a crime to care about you?” She questions. I feel a sting in my heart.

“Chill out Lara, I'm just so surprised to see you here. You know I d_”

“I know you don't want to be friends with me but you see Genevieve, you can't get rid of me because I'm an angel” she smiles widely, well I don't need an angel Lara. If you know me you'd run away as fast as you can.

“Enough of everything, I got us take outs! Asian take outs!” She squeals raising the nylon bag high.

I sit on the  floor with great efforts.

“It's almost ending of the year. The company usually throws party” she informs me.

“Good for them” I say uninterested.

“All employees must be present” she looks at me.

“What if I'm traveling for Christmas?” 

“The party is after Christmas before New Year” 

“I would be at home for the holiday”

She rolls her eyes, “Vie you're a whole case”

“I'm quite aware” I agree.

“Vie” she calls after minutes of silence.

I look at her, “yes?”

“Are you fine?” The concern in her eyes and voice makes tears my heart, I choke on my food.

I nod, “as fine as I could possibly be” I reply.

“Okay. Well…. just so you know I'm not fine” she pouts.

She remains quiet for a while expecting me to ask her what's wrong. “Jesus Vie, do you really not care about me? I just said I'm not fine, won't you ask?”

“I know what you're going to say Lara” I tell her.

She hisses, “I swear you're more annoying than Kelvin” she whines.

“Lara I'm not in the mood” I tell her, “well thanks for the food” I add not to seem ungrateful.

I sigh, “I have a fresh pineapple juice, well it's not fresh per day. I made it since before the trip. You can help yourself to it, you're vists was impromptu I couldn't prepare” 

She smiles widely, “awwn..I always knew you're a sweet soul. I'll help myself to it” she jumps up heading for my kitchen.

She stays a bit longer, or at least long enough for her to make me watch all two seasons of bridgenton. It's honestly not a movie I'd randomly sit to watch even though I'd rate it a seven out of ten. Romantic movies just makes me depressed because I know I can never have such in my life, so I never bother watching them I'm already depressed as it is, rather that's what Lara thinks and she's not far from right.

“Lara you don't deserve a friend like me”

~~

h

ttps://open.spotify.com/track/4tI1u9uQXYLnswRzcysxDo?si=W9C4ApObRBGB_H7XLbil0Q