~THIRTY SEVEN~

George and Kelvin have become best buds, Kelvin would literally call in the morning just to talk to George. I like their relationship, he gives George a little challenge from time to time. I see George so happy and it makes me glad.

“Uncle Kelvin!” George groans, Kelvin must have said something, they're talking about George's best friend, Kate.

“It's not like that” George smiles broadly.

“Okay, okay I understand. Deal!” 

“Bye bye cool uncle Kelvin” 

“Are you giving him a hard time?” I ask

“No” he shakes his head, “infact it's him that is giving me a hard time” he says, I laugh at him.

“I'm going to work now okay? Don't open the door for anyone remember?”

He nods, “unless it's aunty Lara or you”

“Good boy. What would you like today?” I get him something everyday on my way back from work, I also leave my laptop for him so he can watch his movies.

“Errr, I'll like pure bliss please” 

“Just pure bliss? Okay sir!” I salute 

“Bye” 

“Bye” I stay till I hear him lock the door properly.

~~

“Who's the soon to be birthday girl?” Lara hugs me immediately I reach my desk.
“Lara don't announce it” I scold her.

She hisses, “something that I've started posting on IG” she made me download Instagram months back, I check my phone true to her words I'm tagged on her story even Kimberly has reposted.

“What's wrong with the both of you?” I half yell.

“Love sister, do you know how many people have commented on my story? You're going to be popular”

“It's quite obvious. Four new followers already, one DM, thanks Lara” I drip of sarcasm.

“You're welcome”

“Wait till Kelvin hears what you've done” I attempt to threaten her forgetting it's Lara, she's scared of no one.

She gives me a funny look, “what would he do?” She scoffs, “I'll post both of you together and nothing would happen”

I roll my eyes at her, “things would happen”

“Wo! Me I must post….ehnnn we're going pre birthday shopping today, we'll pick George up after work, he needs to move around more don't make him like you” she says the last part aggressively.

“I agree that George needs to be out more but, pre birthday shopping? Nahh”

“Vie, George is going back next week. Let's take him shopping, let's get new clothes for him, let the kid have some joy in the world. In this age he's still living in the past. Let him have something to talk about when he goes back to school” she complains, that's Lara's way of getting me to agree to the pre birthday shopping.

“I'll take George out but no pre birthday shopping or anything” I say

“We'll have ice cream too, an…d if we see something we like, we'll allow our impulse to control us” she wiggles her brows.

“No!” I disagree, “ice cream yes, impulse no”

“We'll see how that goes. Focus on work now, I have tones of it to do”

I text George mid day just to check if he's fine.
"Hi Gen" Kelvin tries to imitate George's voice.

"And what is a grown man doing in my house? Aren't you meant to be hours away from us?"
"Well I needed to be in town for some stuffs and since I have a best friend now, I came to say hi"

"You're becoming something else huh?"
I hear him smile, proud of himself, I never imagined him to be a playful person from the way I saw him on our Christmas slash end of the year party and award night. He's playful and charming to me and really serious and humorless to others, it makes me feel special.

"Thank you so much for the compliment, I never thought I'd experience this day"

"Well jokes aside, George is good he's making me noddles I brought a play station so I can teach him how to play games, you feel me?"

"You brought or you bought?" I start my interrogation.
Kelvin sighs, "Gen can you please calm down? Don't be like my dad, God no!" He's being dramatic again.

"Kelvin!"
"Okay okay, yes I bought a PlayStation. It's not that bad, we're friends so your younger brother is my younger brother" he says.

"I appreciate your care but that's too much"
"Gen do you know how much a play station costs?" Good he has a point, I quickly open Google.

"Oh now you're googling it" he catches me.
"No I'm not!" I deny closing the search app.

"Of course! Well I have to go and chill with my best bud okay? Get us some suya and bread on your way back. Thank you, bye!" He ends the call.
I find myself smiling at his childish antics, "God Kelvin"

“Today is a good day, I feel it”

~~