"A birthday party." (BONUS CHPT)

[IT'S MY BIRTHDAY 🥳🥳 (Say happy birthday to me.) Hope you all enjoy this small chapter I whipped up late at night! <3]

(Calcifer's POV)

Loud chatter of teenagers and adults fill my ears. I want to leave.

I clench my fists angrily, watching as the rest of the teenagers had fun and ran around like absolute fools.

I can't bring myself to have that kind of fun. These kids never liked me, never talked to me once, yet my mother still invited them.

Forced them to come to my birthday party.

A group of girls are talking beside the pool, glancing over at my direction, one of them says something that I can't hear while making eye contact with me the entire time.

They all laugh, and I instantly know it's an insult.

Stupid teenagers.

My mother just wanted to have a nice, small neighborhood gathering at the public pool. She wanted everyone in the neighborhood to be invited, even my own classmates.

I don't know why she even bothers hosting a birthday party for me, other Freshmans in high school wouldn't have silly kid birthday parties. Anger boils in my veins.

I hate them, I hate them all.

The public pool is decorated for my party, banners, streamers, and balloons are everywhere, pretty tablecloths cover the tables, and a buffet is visible for everyone to eat.

I lay my head down on the table, kicking my feet underneath my chair. I took the birthday hat off my head minutes ago; it was itchy and uncomfortable.

I don't want to be here anymore. I can feel them staring, every single kid, quietly making insults and jokes about me.

Of course they have to ridicule me on my special day. A day I thought I would love, but thanks to my shitty family, I can't enjoy it.

Glaring down at the table, I suddenly hear footsteps coming towards me.

I lift my head up to see Altair.

His dark brown eyes shine with excitement as he catches my attention, his dark blonde hair neatly placed.

I sit up.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, my voice almost a whisper.

Altair smiles. "Here to celebrate your birthday, silly!"

I suddenly notice that he's holding something behind his back, I raise an eyebrow. "What–"

He shoves the small gift in my hands, wrapped in red and black, my two favorite colors. I furrow my eyebrows, looking up at him. There's no way he actually got me something. "Can I.. open it?"

"Of course!" Altair replies.

With a sigh, I rip off the wrapping paper, opening the small box inside. Inside is a small car, but not just any car, it comes with a remote control.

My eyes widen, I look up at him.

"What the..? You can't be serious," I say. Remote controlled cars were expensive, and Altair knew. How the hell did he get this?

Altair nods, his excitement clearly getting the best of him. "Well, come on, do you like it?!"

I roll my eyes, then finally, I smile. "I do."

"Really?!" He asks. "Really, really?!"

"Yes, really, really, but Al—"

I don't even get the chance to tell him how expensive the gift is before Altair squeals, immediately wrapping his arms around me. I let out a small laugh as I wrap my arms around him, feeling his warmth.