Chapter Eighty Seven: Another Dream (2)

After that, they had dinner together.

"I asked the servants to prepare as much non-greasy food as they could, but I don't know if you'll like it."

Gerard said as he took a seat.

"No, I do. Thank you for being considerate."

Gaon spoke, but his eyes were busy distinguishing between what Lin could and couldn't eat.

"However, why did you ask us not to inform mother and father about you? By any chance... Are you not going to meet them?"

Chloe asked Catherine carefully while they were eating.

"Uhm..."

Catherine thought for a moment before answering.

"First of all, I came here to see you."

She came due to having to tell Chloe about something urgent, but she hadn't prepared enough courage to face the other members of her family yet. If she were being honest, she'd avoid them if she could.

"Just me?"

"Yes. So, can we talk personally after dinner?"

Catherine asked while glancing briefly at Gerard. Upon noticing her glance. Gerard smiled gently and asked Gaon.

"I'd like to hear more about the Ryeo Empire, so shall we talk after eating, if possible?"

It was a gentle expression of saying that he would entertain Gaon while their wives were talking.

"Of course. It's an honor to know you're taking interest in Ryeo, My Lord."

Gaon responded with a plain bow.

***

After dinner, the two sisters gathered in the parlor.

"So, what do you want to tell me?"

Chloe asked Catherine.

"Uhm... I, I had a dream."

"A dream?"

"Yes, but I think the dream is similar to the ones you told me about eight years ago."

"A precognitive dream that I told you about? Did you..."

Chloe covered her mouth with one of her hands.

"Yes, you said a book appeared in your dreams, didn't you? A book that you have to read?"

"Uh... Yes."

"I also dreamed of a book recently."

"Really? You, too?"

Chloe asked while leaning forward. First it was her husband, and now her sister? Why?

"What was it about? Tell me."

"It's about..."

Catherine was burdened by Chloe's question.

In fact, it was because she had more than one dream about the book.

A dream she had in the Ryeo Empire. The dream portrayed Chloe holding the lifeless Marquis Blanchett.

In the dream, her youngest sister ended up fainting from having wept so much, and the last thing she saw was pitch darkness. And words were inscribed in white letters in the darkness.

[It was her last chance to fix the past by altering the future. The book appeared once again before Chloe, who was filled with sorrow and anger.]