Arrival 1

It was at least a year since Firey saw the island for the first time.

At first, he rubbed his eyes in surprise- and glared in that same direction.

"What's up, fireball?" Leafy asked, looking at him. Firey mumbled some gibberish, hellbent on keeping his eyes on the island, worried that it would fade into nonexistence if he took his eyes off the majestic island.

"...Firey?" Leafy questioned, starting to get concerned. Then she began to see what he saw. The island- far off in the distance- but close enough for them to see it.

"You see it too, right?" Firey asked, excitedly.

"I see it, Firey. I do."

They frantically paddled their oars, rushing to the island- it was the first piece land they've seen in what felt like ages. They spent most of their time on the water living off of various fish and Firey screaming when the tides were rough- in fear of dying.

However, with some miracle, they both were here now. Firey and Leafy. They were paddling their oars to the assumedly undiscovered island.

When they finally made it to the shore, Firey started to kiss the sand.

"Wow", Leafy jokingly smirked, "You don't even kiss me like that."

Firey jerked up, face flush with embarrassment, and started to scratch his head. "H-Hey... Leafy, you know water is my Achilles heel..."

Leafy jokingly punched him as she went onto the island. "Come on, fireball! It was a joke."

This only made Firey's face fill more with embarrassment, as he could only let out an "oh".

They laughed for a bit, and decided to explore the island. The island looked much bigger than they both anticipated. 

There were a bunch of mountains- as high as the eye could see, and a forest right below them. 

Firey looked up in shocked, as the sun started to fall behind the mountain top. He look at Leafy, who was also looking up in shock.

She was smiling.

It took him a moment to notice it, but she had 'excitement' spelled out on her face. She began to grin, and Firey couldn't help it but smile as well.

"We should probably go to sleep... getting kind of late. Today was full of excitement." Leafy exclaimed, half-yawning while she was talking. "Tomorrow's a big day."

"It sure is..." Firey said, with a sigh.

Suddenly, he jerked upwards. 

"Wait... WHERE ARE WE GONNA SLEEP?!" Firey exclaimed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for Reading Chapter 1! 

If you read this then you're cool!

:D

- Naily444