Chapter 3

Avantika has finally reached Mumbai via flight.As soon as reached at the airport,her official guard and her secretary who has been appointed to her came to pick her up.

From there she was going to the house allotted to her by the government and then she will join her duty officially from the next day.

A sudden nostalgia hit her when the car started moving on the roads of Mumbai.

These are the same roads which once used to give her a feeling of giddiness but now whenever she remembers her past she feels nothing but dread.

There was a time when this place was her dream place.Few years back she came here with so many dreams in her eyes but who knew that this same place will become the reason of her nightmares.

This is the same place where she lost her everything and now she is again back here, but this time with a different purpose.To punish the sinners.

She was lost in her thoughts when her car stopped with a jerk and brought her back from her thoughts.

She became alert as soon as she found the car stopped in the middle of the road but her eyebrows frowned in confusion after finding the huge crowd gathered on the road.

"What happened?"she cautiously asked the guard

"Madam ,it seems something has happened here.I will go and check."

But Avantika didn't waited and instead herself got out of the car to look into the matter.

"Madam please get inside.It's not safe for you to go like this."

Her secretary tried to persuade her to get back into the car but Avantika being Avantika didn't listened and went towards the commotion happening.The guard and her secretary also followed her immediately.

She shoved the crowd aside with great difficulty and her eyes became wide in panic.

"Oh God!What happened to him?"Avantika found a man lying on the road in his own blood.It was a case of an accident.

"He was crossing the road when a man hit him with his car and ran away"a man spoke from the crowd

"Someone call the ambulance. We need to take him to the hospital immediately."

She felt anger coursing through her veins when no one tried to help a half dead man.But Avantika didn't waited to interrogate  and ordered her guards to take him to the hospital.

Because right now her first priority was to save that man.

The guards made the man lie at the backseat of the car and Avantika sat at the passenger seat while the guard and her secretary sat at the back with the man and drove towards the hospital.

The crowd looked at Avantika as if she is an alien.She was looking like someone with a high position and power .

People present there understood that she is indeed a big shot if she has her own guards.So nobody dared to question her.

In just fifteen minutes they reached the hospital and immediately brought the injured man inside and from there the hospital staff took the man for further treatment.

Looking at Avantika's authoritative aura and guard with a government uniform nobody dared to question her and they immediately took the man inside the operation theatre.

Avantika sat on a nearby bench while exhaling a long breath and muttered,"it has not even been an hour and this happened."

"Madam I think the hospital staff will handle it from here.I think we should leave"her secretary suggested but Avantika just shook her head negatively and answered