Chapter 6(Present)

Avantika was currently sitting in her cabin reading some files when her secretary Sharma entered inside her cabin.

"Excuse me Madam!"

"Hmm Sharma Ji.What is it?"she spoke without looking up from the file.

"There is someone who is asking for you"

Avantika finally looked up and gave a questioning look,"Do they have an appointment?"

Sharma Ji shook his head negatively but before he could speak ,someone barged inside her cabin like a hurricane,"who said I need an appointment to meet my favourite human"

Avantika's eyes widened like a saucer and she immediately got up from her chair,"Veer!"

Sharma Ji understood from her expressions that he is someone really important for his madam so he left the cabin to give them some privacy.

"Your's one and only,the great Rajveer Singh,Madam."
Rajveer exclaimed dramatically with opened arms making Avantika shake her head in disbelief and she without thinking twice went towards him and hugged him tightly.

The person was none another than Rajveer Singh.One of the closest person to Avantika and also a CBI officer.

Rajveer Singh

He was taken aback at the sudden hug which Avantika gave him but he relaxed after sometime and hugged her back.

"It seems like someone missed me "

Avantika detached herself from him and slapped his chest in a playful manner,"shut up Veer!'

"Ouch!I am hurt"Rajveer dramatically gasped while keeping a hand on his chest as if in pain but Avantika knew better than to believe his antiques.

"You won't change.Would you ?"Avantika mocked him while folding her hands on her chest.

"Never"Rajveer immediately replied keeping his head high.

Avantika shook her head at his dramatic self,"if you are done with you antiques I would suggest you to take a seat."

Rajveer sighed dramatically and plopped himself on the nearby chair.

"So?What brought you here?"Rajveer's expressions changed immediately from funny to serious as if he was someone else.

He looked at her seriously and asked and asked he in the same tone,"How are you Ava?"

At the question Avantika 's face hardened and she averted her gaze immediately.

"I am sure you are not here just to know about my well being"

"Avaa"Rajveer groaned  and rubbed his forehead in frustration.

"Why do you always dodge this topic?"

"You know exactly why Veer and why are you exactly here ?"

Rajveer knew that he won't get any answer from her so he changed the topic and told her why exactly why he was there.

"I am here regarding a case"

Now Avantika was curious "What case?"

"Nevadi"

" Nevadi?"Avantika repeated the word and tried to remember where she had heard this name and then she realised about the anonymous note which she received a few days ago which mentioned this same name .

"What-what about it? What exactly is Nevadi ,Veer?"

Rajveer took a deep breath and then spoke,"Nevadi is a small village near Maharashtra"he paused for a moment and then continued "Few months back I received this note."