Chapter Thirty Three: Agony (2)

VOTE TARGET: 1.5k

The area was filled with the deafening sound of roaring buses and trucks, and the roads were clogged with cars and motorcycles

Still, as she dashed along the pathway without sandals, the meek sound of the little Ghungroo fastened to her Payal could be heard. Her earrings were giggling as she shed tears of her agony. The moment the brisk wind brushes against her skin, her loose hair starts to cascade behind. Leaning forward to gain better access while sprinting more quickly, she holds the saree's front flare firmly in her hands.

The heavily trafficked roads did not bother her or should I rephrase it as, she did not bother to pay attention to the world around, the chaos inside her was huge enough for her to handle. Battling her own inner turmoil, she was exhausted. 

Now that her secrets were revealed, she felt abandoned once more. 

"It was my fault in the first place; Baapu is right—I should not have gone out with a boy. All of it was a result of my heedless faith.” She kept on repeating the words reminding herself. 

She wasn't the grown, mature and bold Samriddhi. She is that little, naive and childish Riddhi who was broken, crushed and shattered. 

The Riddhi that had been concealed behind Samriddhi the entire time. Scared and lost. 

The blaring horn caught her attention, and when she turned to look around, she discovered that she was standing in the center of the road. She wipes her tears ferociously as the car stops right in front of her, barely touching her body. 

“Not only a worst daughter but I am also a worst mother.” Shrugging under her breath, she continued to walk down the road between the many fast-moving cars.

Her scream reverberates across the highway as her hand moves to her chest and she clenches it tightly.

As she continues to walk while sobbing and swearing, her ankle becomes tangled in the hem of her saree, twisting it.

She pulled her legs up to her chest when she fell the next moment, in the middle of the road between multiple cars racing down the stream. 

Instead of being afraid of getting run over by a car or truck, the fear was of being abandoned once more. 

The new family she made, would not even let her step into the house after knowing her past. They will be ashamed of her. 

With all the lingering thoughts in her mind, she was too preoccupied to notice the massive cement bulker that was heading toward her. 

When Samriddhi's eyes met it, she attempted to stand up, but the next instant she collapsed once more.

She was unable to move an inch, despite multiple attempts. “After all, this is how it ends?” 

She closes her eyes, accepting her cruel fate while she waits for her body to be crushed by the truck. 

.