the lady & her prince.

. . . THE LADY & HER PRINCE

( the paper dropped to the table, "all this talk of marriage," the prince charles complains to his elder brothers opposite him, those who laugh and raise their drinks in agreement, "if i do not marry for love, i will not marry at all." )

BRIDGERTON   —— 2024.
penelope featherington.

❀ ❀

inside this place is warm, outside it starts to pour

outside it starts to pour.

↳ The youngest ( living ) son of Queen Charlotte and King George had been taken with her since the moment she'd placed that flower behind his ear and reassured him that it suited him remarkably well.  He'd laughed in a way he hadn't since the death of two of his brothers.

He'd been taken with Penelope Featherington ever since. It was hard not to be — but whilst he was looking at her, hoping that one day she'd look back again, she was staring at another. Colin Bridgerton. A man that looked everywhere else.

Getting involved in the ton's business had been something his Mother had warned him of before, but he did so anyway despite her words, knowing it was one of the only chances with Lady Penelope. Ignoring her status, ignoring his own, and wishing for Colin to stay out of his way, Prince Charles set out to marry for love.

❀ ❀
matthew broome. prince charles.
( everybody else their respective characters )

( he was royalty by blood.
she was royalty in his eyes. )

NOTE,

AH! this fic is one of my newest babies — hasn't been in my drafts very long, i was always up and down about a bridgerton fic purely because i lacked the confidence on whether my writing would do the universe any justice. but here is my attempt because penelope featherington deserves the world and as much as i do hope she gets all she desires with colin, she deserves so much more. so... here is me, writing that so much more in the form of prince charles "charlie"!

please, do not steal this fic or oc. i only own my ideas and the rest belongs to the creative team behind the books / show of bridgerton! this will be more off the show, though i have finally gone through the books so might have some sneaky mentions from there too!

please let me know what you think! i hope you enjoy reading as much as i will enjoy writing them!