21-30

☆ 22. Chapter 21

Chapter 21

On the morning of the first day of the Lunar New Year, Zhang Fenghe was awakened by the sound of firecrackers outside. He rubbed his head, sat up, got out of bed, walked to the living room, and saw Feng Ye, who was also awakened on the sofa.

Zhang Fenghe was stunned, and all the memories of last night flooded into his mind. He remembered that he took the initiative to invite Feng Ye to bed, but was rejected, and he felt very embarrassed.

He walked in front of Feng Ye and opened his mouth to say something, but Feng Ye said first: "I'll leave right away."

Feng Ye thought Zhang Fenghe was going to drive him away.

Yesterday, because it was too late, and he was worried about Zhang Fenghe, Feng Ye didn't dare to leave. His 1.8-meter body curled up on the narrow sofa and slept very uneasy. Because he missed Zhang Fenghe, Feng Ye didn't sleep well all night. He finally fell asleep, but was awakened by the deafening sound of firecrackers.

Feng Ye's eyes were dark, his expression was tired, and his face was full of fatigue, but he still forced himself to be energetic when facing Zhang Fenghe.

Zhang Fenghe felt bad when he saw this. He hesitated and said, "Let's eat first."

Then he turned around to wash up.

It took Feng Ye a long time to react to what Zhang Fenghe said, and he couldn't restrain his joy. Even though he was very tired at this time, he felt that this little tiredness was nothing because of Zhang Fenghe's words.

This was the first meal Zhang Fenghe cooked since the beginning of the new year. The refrigerator had been stocked with abundant ingredients for a long time, and he didn't mind the trouble. He squatted in the kitchen for most of the day and boiled a pot of fragrant chicken soup and several dishes with fish and meat. During this period, Feng Ye took the initiative to ask Ying to come over to help, but was rejected by Zhang Fenghe.

When the dishes were served, the whole room was filled with fragrance. Feng Ye didn't feel hungry at first, but after smelling this smell, his appetite moved and his stomach growled. Since they separated, he hasn't eaten Zhang Fenghe's meals for a long time. It wasn't until he lost it that he realized how much he missed this taste.

Zhang Fenghe smiled, took two bowls and chopsticks, placed them face to face, then sat down and asked Feng Ye to eat together.

However, when Feng Ye sat down opposite him, Zhang Fenghe was a little dazed. On New Year's Day, cooking a meal for the one you love, this scene was something Zhang Fenghe could only see in his dreams. After all, Feng Ye was not by his side every New Year in the past.

Now such a scene suddenly appeared in front of him, and he couldn't help but be dazed, almost thinking that he was still dreaming. But Feng Ye in front of him was real and warm. He really wanted to ask Feng Ye, why didn't you come earlier? Why at this time? It was when he had completely given up on Feng Ye.

No matter how Feng Ye tried to win him back, he couldn't convince himself to accept him. Because he was afraid, he was afraid that Feng Ye's liking was just taking habit as love. The seven years of chasing Feng Ye in the past, when he was immersed in it, it was self-righteous sweetness, but after pulling away, he found that only bitterness was left.

An abrupt cell phone ring interrupted Zhang Fenghe's thoughts. It was Feng Ye's cell phone.

Feng Ye put down the chopsticks in his hand and answered the phone. It was Feng's mother on the other end of the phone, loudly scolding Feng Ye for his sudden departure last night and not coming back all night. Feng Ye patiently listened to the call, and only after promising to go back immediately did he hang up the phone with relief.