Chapter 1: The Veilguardians

As ordinary humans we only know about the living world but there is another world beyond our imagination, that is the World of the Deads' or the Spirit World.

Pragyan and Divyanshu, two young high school students who are best friends are a part of a secret society named "The ". As the name suggests group that stands as the guardians at the veil between the living and the dead, ensuring that balance is maintained and the realms do not intertwine.

But as you know there will be always some realms that might intertwine as some are more stronger and eviler than others.

Here is one such incidence when Nihal and his younger brother Jai were while sleeping in their bedroom went missing when their parents were not at home.

At the Veilguardians Headquarter

Chief - "Pragyan and Divyanshu, you are our one of the best agents so it's your responsibility to bring back two brothers from the Spirit World."

"From which part, the area of the holy or evil spirits?" asked Divyanshu.

"Of course, evil. Holy spirits never do these things." Said Chief.

Divyanshu replied, "If you fire us from the job then tell us, we will resign but why you are sending us on such a deadly mission. We only stop evil spirits from coming in our world or capture them and send them back to their world in case they have already entered our world. We have never entered the spirit world, even the best senior and experienced one have only gone there but they too to the holy spirit area not the evil ones. Find someone else to do this task."

Chief in a low tone said "Its Nihal and his brother Jai. They are the one caught there."

Pragyan who was silently listening to this till now, now replies in a firm and confident manner "We will do this. We will bring Nihal and Jai back. Nihal is our friend and no one will be as interested in bringing them back as we are."

Divyanshu too agreed and said "You should tell this before only that its Nihal and Jai. It would have saved a lot of time."

"Shouldn't you listen to my orders without arguing." Said Chief in a deep voice.

"Now, get to the Chamber of Death and the portal there will lead you to the Spirit World. Don't just rush to the evil spirit area, first meet Mike in the holy spirit area and he will tell you what to do."

Pragyan and Divyanshu, armed with iron chains and their determination, made their way to the Chamber of Death. The portal shimmered ominously, a gateway to the unknown realm of spirits. Taking a deep breath, they stepped through, feeling a chill run down their spines as they transitioned from the warmth of the living world to the cold, eerie atmosphere of the Spirit World.

The landscape on the other side was a stark contrast to their world, filled with shadows and ghostly whispers. Despite the eeriness, there was a strange, ethereal beauty to it. They knew their first task was to find Mike in the holy spirit area. They followed the path laid out before them, guided by faint, glowing markers.

After what felt like hours but could have been mere minutes, they arrived at a serene, luminescent grove. There, standing tall and radiating a gentle light, was Mike. He was a spirit guide known for his wisdom and bravery, having helped many Veilguardians before them.

"Pragyan, Divyanshu," Mike greeted them with a warm smile. "I've been expecting you. I know why you're here, and I'm here to help you navigate this treacherous path."

"Thank you, Mike," Pragyan said, relief evident in his voice. "We need to find Nihal and Jai. We were told you could guide us."

Mike nodded solemnly. "The boys are in grave danger. They've been taken by the spirit of a psycho criminal named Gaurav, who in life was known for his horrific crimes. In death, his soul became twisted and malevolent, and he now resides deep within the realm of evil spirits.