Chapter 40.

T H E   S I L E N T   W A T E R S

S W I M M I N G   A G A I N S T
A N   U P W A R D   C U R R E N T

desperation takes over.

"Annika?" Asked Priyanka as soon as the call was picked up. She could here panic in Annika's voice. What could have happened?

Annika frowned, when Priyanka answered the call, that's when she realised that he didn't have his phone with him, she briefed her about what happened and Priyanka sighed.

"He was at your house?" Priyanka gaped at the screen, what goes through her brother's mind was beyond her compression sometimes. But she was glad that it was Annika that he had decided to consult. But still——

"Don't worry, we will track the GPS of his car." If he hadn't switched it off. She assured. She turned to look at Khanna who had just come up rushing after she had called and asked him to track him.

Aradhya frowned when she noticed the untouched medicine on his table and sighed. This all is just beyond me. She thought with a shake of her head. She looked at the clock, three a.m. in the morning.

She was looking outside the window, Shivaay's window had the view of the main gates of the manor. Sighing in relief when she noticed a familiar car approaching, "Do not bother, Mr. Khanna. He is here." She informed them without turning around.

<>

Shivaay slammed the brakes of the car, the automobile stopped with a jerk and he got tensed.

He spotted Priyanka standing on the gates and he sighed. He is in for a long conversation, but he didn't have any energy for it.

Priyanka's eyes narrowed as she has already suspected what his next words are going to be. And this time she will let it be. How long? She glared at him, furiously.

"I want to be left alone." He spoke as he walked past Priyanka who called out but he made a beeline towards his room only to find Aradhya sorting through his medicines. In her hands that sheet was there where he had written the names of the prescription.

"What are you doing?" He asked coldly. She turned around looking grim, "just looking through the doses of these." Unaffected by the tone he used. She turned back and resumed her work.

"You know, two of these are shots." She informed. "You must remember being injected... though not necessarily." She spoke as she read the contents.

"I don't remember. Anything. At all." He gritted out, Aradhya seemed unfazed by his frustration.

"Leave." He instructed, Aradhya turned around to look at him, her eyebrows arching, she didn't look amused, instead she turned back to do whatever that she had been doing.