Part 3

"Unnie, look here!" Jimin was in the middle of climbing down a tree, the end of a random grass plant tucked between her teeth when she turned to look."Minjeong, what are you doing?"
"Come quick, or the wind's gonna blow it away! Look!" The younger female still exclaimed with glee, sounding way too excited as she crouched in the middle of the field, hands cupped protectively around something.

Jimin let out a small laugh as she jumped down, walking over. In the middle of a tall grass field, Minjeong mysteriously looked even smaller. "What is it?"She inquired as she squatted down next to the girl.

With a bright grin, the girlin question unveiled her hands, revealing the item she's been carefully shielding from the afternoon spring breeze.

They were two perfect dandelions-white as snow, round as textbook circles, not a single flake out of place.

Minjeong noticed Jimin staring in awe as well and giggled as she gently plucked the flowers, handing one to the former. "Here!Did you know that when you see dandelions, you can make a wish before you blow them, and they'll come true?"

Jimin's brow arched. Minjeong didn't look like the type to be interested in things like that. "Really? Are you making this up?" Jimin mused, looking at the younger with a questioning gaze that was half teasing.

"No! An uncle told me once. Quick quick, close your eyes and make one. Let's do it together." Minjeong waved around her free hand, her excitement barely contained. With a smile still plastered on her face, she squeezed her eyes shut-so excessively tightly that wrinkles started to form. If Jimin found it endearing, she didn't let her know. She only spared a second to stare at Minjeong, smiling fondly to herself before she too closed her own eyes.

I wish to always spend tomorrow together with you, until the end of forever.

When she opened them again, Mijeong's were no longer closed. Those doe eyes were now staring at her with anticipation; like she was waiting for herto complete making her wish so they could blow them together.

Jimin let out a small chuckle, a nod signifying the green light Minjeong was awaiting. The latter's smile turned impossibly brighter before they both blew at their dandelions at the same time.

"What wish did you make?" Jimin nudged her by the shoulder, the remains of the dandelions scattered around them like miniature snowflakes.

"unnie, I can't tell you! Or it won't come true!" The younger looked away, a small pout forming on her face.

"Aw, but you tell unnie everything," Jimin pressed, tackling the younger female down onto the field. Minjeong only whined but showed no signs of restraint.

The sun was high above them. The breeze was warm yet gentle. In the distance, Jimin could hear birds chirping. Dew drops made their clothes wet as they rolled in the field, but neither of them seemed to care. Giggles filled the quiet of the park; it was as if only the two of them were present in this vast, vast world.

They were ten.

When they turned eleven, Minjeong took her here again-on a chilly September evening, where the breeze no longer held the comforting warmth of a kiss like it would on a March afternoon. Jimin remembered the dew drops caressing her cheeks as he rolled in the field when they last visited.

Now, she only pulled her turtleneck higher, the wind ruthlessly ravaging through her hair. Minjeong was by her side, a hand clasped tightly around hers; wearing a white beanie and a bright yellow sweater. Jimin noticed that her beanie had cat ears and snickered.How adorable.

"Come quickly!" The younger female ushered, dragging her by their intertwined hand. Jimin only yelped as she tried to keep up.The breeze blew more mercilessly this time around, and she could taste her hair in her lips as she lightly shuddered.

Minjeong finally stopped once they arrived at Jimin's favourite spot of the park-a giant maple tree. They sat, and only then did Minjeong let go of her hand to dig into the basket she's been carrying. Jimin's palms felt oddly empty in the cold, and so she tugged them under her sweater to get rid of the chill.

"unnie, do you know that they're going to renovate that part of the park over there into an amusement park?" Minjeongspoke up, her tiny hand pointing. Jimin's gaze followed, and surely enough, she already saw a ferris wheel; standing tall in the middle of the eerie dusk, its bright lights in glowing contrast against the dark of the night.

"Does Minjeongwant to go?" She spoke up, noticing the light wash of colour appearing on the younger's face at the third-person address.She always knew Minjeongwas fond of being referred to like that ever since they were toddlers, but didn't realise it would still have the same effect now. "Stop calling me that, I'm not five anymore!" She retorted, but the crimson hue was now evident on her visage. A heartbeat after Jimin was done with her fit of giggles, she spoke up in a timid voice. "Minjeongdoesn't like tall places."

"Mm," hummed Jimin, slinging an arm over the latter's shoulder.

"Unnie knows. We can look at it from afar, then."

Minjeongnodded silently. A second later, she produced a small box in her hands, pulled right out of the basket. Jimin's favourite grin was on herface once again as she stared at her in anticipation.

"Look what I got you!" Singsonged the youngerfe male before she hurriedly put the box down, reaching to pull out other things from the basket.

"What's that?"

Minjeong only smiled cryptically, not answering. Clutched in her hands now were a candle, a lighter, and a bunch of plastic utensils; she quickly scattered them in her lap before disassembling the paper box. Jimin's eyes widened slightly. "Your birthday cake, silly." Said Minjeong in a playful tone, the lack of honorific intentional based on Jimin's deduction; yet she paid it no mind. The younger female now proudly handed her the cake, practically shoving it into her arms-which a mildly flustered Jimin diligently took.

"Carrot cake, your favourite. I asked my mum to help me make it! I think I did a pretty good job, don't you think?" Minjeong asked with a triumphant grin as she put a candle in the middle of the cake and pulled out a lighter. In white frosting, Jimin could barely make out the handwritten 'Happy birthday Jimin unnie' on top of it. Minjeong usually had neat handwriting, so this could only signify the struggle she had with the decorating process.The mental image of Minjeong putting so much effort just for her put a fond smile on her face.

"You made it, really? Are you lying to me?" Jimin remarked, a sly smile on her face.What she didn't tell Minjeong was that she'd hoped the chuckles emitted from their dry mouths could cover the sound of her own heart beating rapidly against the constraint of her rib cage.

"It's your birthday, I put in my all! How dare you question Miinjeong!" she pouted, intentionally utilising her baby talk advantage. Minjeong, too, was aware of just how much the older adored this pet name of sorts. "I, Yu Jimin, vow to never question Kim Minjeong ever again for as long as I live." sh spoke, voice dramatically deepend. Minjeong just huffed at the tease, attempting to light up the singular candle amidst the strong evening breeze.

In between the banterful exchanges and muffled giggles, the two girls sang a very unsynchronised, off-key take of 'Happy Birthday'. Jimin later would realise that the reason she was only able to focus on Minjeong-even though it was supposed to be herbirthday-would signify more than she'd ever let on.

"Alright now, time for you to make a wish!" Chimed the younger. The cat ears on his beanie were flopping along with the wind, the brightest smile adorning her face. For a moment, Jimin was convinced that the orange glow emanating between them was coming from the younger's smile, and not the birthday candle.

Humming, Jiminclosed her eyes and did as she was told.

I hope to always see you smile like this, until the end of forever.