Chapter 2: The Aftermath

When the dust settles and the echoes of the battle slowly fade away Y/n finds herself standing amidst the wreckage of the city. The adrenaline that had fueled her during the chaos begins to ebb, leaving behind a sense of exhaustion and disbelief at the events that had unfolded.

She looks around, taking in the destruction with a heavy heart. Buildings lie in ruins, smoke billowing from their shattered remains. The once bustling streets are now eerily silent, save for the occasional sound of distant sirens and the creaking of debris shifting in the aftermath of the battle.

Y/n's hands tremble as she takes tentative steps forward, her gaze darting anxiously from one broken building to the next. The enormity of what has transpired begins to sink in, and she feels a wave of guilt wash over her. She may have helped save Quicksilver and his comrades, but she knows that countless others were not so fortunate.

Y/n wanders aimlessly through the debris-strewn streets, her mind numb with shock and disbelief. She finds herself drawn to the ruins of a once-ordinary house, now reduced to a pile of rubble. With a heavy heart, she approaches the crumbling remains, her footsteps echoing hollowly in the silence.

The air is thick with the acrid scent of smoke and dust, and Y/n can't shake the feeling of despair that hangs heavy in the air. As she surveys the wreckage, memories flood her mind of when the house stood tall and proud, a symbol of happier times. She recalls playing in the yard as a child, laughing and chasing after her friends without a care in the world.

But now, all that remains are broken walls and shattered dreams. Y/n's heart aches as she realizes the extent of the devastation wrought by Ultron's rampage. Innocent lives lost, homes destroyed, families torn apart - it's almost too much to bear.

With a heavy sigh, Y/n sinks to her knees amidst the rubble, her eyes stinging with unshed tears.

As she sits there Lost in her thoughts, Y/n doesn't notice the approach of footsteps until a voice breaks through the silence. "Hey there," a voice says softly, pulling her out of her reverie.

Startled, Y/n looks up to see Pietro Maximoff standing before her, his expression a mix of concern and sympathy. Despite the exhaustion evident in his features, there's a warmth in his eyes that puts Y/n at ease.

"Mr Maximoff," she says as she quickly wipes away her tears

Pietro offers Y/n a gentle smile, crouching down beside her amidst the rubble. "Please, call me Pietro," he says softly, his voice carrying a comforting warmth.

Y/n nods, grateful for his kindness. "Pietro," she repeats, testing the name on her tongue. It feels strange to address an Avenger so casually, but Pietro's easy demeanor puts her at ease.

"Y/n," she says after a while

"So Y/N, what brings you here?" Pietro asks, his eyes scanning the destruction around them.

Y/n sighs, her gaze dropping to the ground. "memories," she admits. "I guess I just needed some time to process everything that's happened."

As Y/n speaks, Pietro's expression softens with understanding. He reaches out a hand, placing it gently on her shoulder in a gesture of comfort.

"I understand," he says quietly. "It's a lot to take in."

Y/n nods, feeling a sense of relief wash over her at Pietro's words. Despite the chaos and destruction surrounding them, there's a strange sense of solace in knowing that she's not alone.

"I never expected to find myself in the middle of all this," she admits, her voice barely above a whisper. "But I couldn't just stand by and do nothing."

Pietro's gaze meets hers, his eyes filled with a mixture of admiration and gratitude. "You did more than most could ever hope to do," he says sincerely. "You saved lives today."

Y/n offers Pietro a faint smile, feeling a swell of pride at his words. She may not have powers or fancy gadgets like the Avengers, but she knows that she made a difference in her own small way.

As they sit amidst the wreckage, a comfortable silence settles between them. Y/n finds herself drawn to Pietro's calming presence, grateful for the sense of peace he brings amidst the chaos.

After a moment, Pietro speaks again, his voice soft but determined. "We'll rebuild," he says firmly. "We'll pick up the pieces and start again."

"I'm just so used to walking home, to this house, to my family"

Y/n's voice trembles with emotion as she speaks, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. Pietro's heart aches at the pain evident in her words, and he reaches out to squeeze her hand in a gesture of solidarity.

"I understand," he says softly. "But you're not alone. We'll help you rebuild, whatever it takes."