Chapter 2 - Cheating Marks

Skye

Six Years Ago

Bane has been coming to see me for the past three weeks. I think my parents were wrong about the males in this pack, or at least about him. He is so handsome. He isn't as large as some of the other enforcers, but he is muscular and lean. He is also charming, sweet and treats me with such tenderness. Since I have never dated another male, he is so patient. The mate bond hums between us and I feel so lucky to have found him.

He doesn't come every night, but when he does we take short walks or sit on the swing after supper. My dad isn't impressed with him. He says he knows the "pup" because they work together. I think my dad has just misjudged him.

After the first week of seeing each other, we caved to the mate pull. He snuck up to my window that night and convinced me to come for a walk. He led me to a beautiful mountain overlook. We could see our pack's valley for miles. He cradled me to his strong, muscled chest and whispered sweet words in my ear.

"Skye, you are the most beautiful female I have ever seen." He croons. "I am so lucky the goddess paired me with you. You are so special to me."

"I'm the lucky one, Bane. You are so strong and sweet, I know you will take care of me."

He gently begins teasing little kisses on my jaw, tracing to the hollow of my neck. "I'll put the mate mark right there." He kisses the spot. "How soon do you want to be mated?"

"Bane, I don't know. When do you want to be mated?"

"Tonight." His breath warm on my skin. It's intoxicating and I can't think. "Then we could do the ceremony at the next full moon."

"Yes." I squeak as his mouth lays claim to mine. "Tonight."

"If you're reading this on teenfic site or similar ones, you're reading on a mirror site. To read this (and other stories) by the actual author for free, go to Wattpad/Mellie_readsnwrites."

COPYRIGHT © 2024 by Mellie_readsnwrites

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form by any means, including photocopying, recording or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author.

Bane

Skye really is a beautiful female. But aren't they all? When I first sensed her the day the rogues attacked, I was angry. I am only 25 years old and I am not ready to settle down with one female. However, I took one look at her and my wolf was a goner. He likes to get randy every now and then too. But I thought, what's the harm in having a taste? It wasn't until I realized her dad is Tenn Roberts, I knew I had to tread carefully. He is one of our Elite Enforcers, so when I walk away, I will carry a beating. That taste I got last night was definitely nice. Maybe we can work something out and I keep my side chicks, too.

It's one of my late night shifts, where I run patrol. My partner tonight is Tiesha. She is one of my favorite side chicks. She is always game to play. "Hey beautiful." I greet Tiesha with a hug, reaching down to grasp her thick butt. "How are you doing tonight?"

"Bane. I heard you found your true mate." She pushes me away. "What are you doing?"

"That doesn't have to change anything between us, Tiesha? Does it?"

"Bane, your true mate experiences horrible pain if you cheat on them. Don't you know that?"

"That's just an old wolf's tale, Tiesha!"

"Are you sure, Bane? My mother always told me it is true. It can even harm your mate if you cheat repeatedly."

"Come on Tiesha. Skye and I aren't mated yet." I coax, smiling at her as I pull her off the trail and up against a tree.